Actually chapter 50 - Tea time

I'm back! Exams are over and I didn't fail a single one! But you don't want to hear about that, you want another chapter!

GREY VRITRA

"I hadn't striked you as one to enjoy just a drink. But then again, I suppose your surprises are the reason Agrona picked you," Viessa began, taking a sip of her own tea.

"Are you sure it wasn't because of my past?" I raised a brow, fainting interest.

"Ah yes. The reincarnated King from another world. Born as an orphan yet raised to the peak through your own ability. Such a thrilling story. I'm sure it would sell out once written," she spoke to me, yet kept her gaze elsewhere.

I don't know how she learned of my past, but I didn't mind at this point. Viessa was an enigma to me. I couldn't gauge her. Not in a bad way, mind you. I knew her ability set courtesy of Nico. She was a necromancer of sorts. Being able to reanimate bodies to fight for her. However it was a far cry of the fantasy necromancy of earth. A puppeteer is a better definition.

"Perhaps. But reading about yourself isn't the fantasy you'd expect it to be. I speak from experience." I closed my eyes as I sipped my tea. The leaves used to make it were plucked from mana fruits similar to the ones Sylvia fed me with the main difference being the mana was much more bountiful. It was grown in Agrona's private garden after all.

"Unfortunately I'll have to disagree with you. The pleasure I receive when lessers write about my achievements is second only to the feeling of the High Sovereign's praise." she chuckled to herself.

"Maybe when they stop writing only my negative qualities I'll sympathize with you," I replied.

"W-Why are there t-two monsters here?" a soldier stuttered, his abject horror was gone, his initial surprise replaced by soul gripping anxiety. Despite that, fear still laced his stuttering voice. I was even impressed that he had enough courage to speak up in the first place.

"Oh, you poor soul. You have yet to understand the High Sovereign's wishes. Just like all the lessers on this sorry continent," Viessa hummed, locking eyes with the young man. He couldn't be more than 30 yet his eyes showed signs of aging beyond his years.

He was being restrained by his commander who Viessa had cursed. His eyes were dead and arm hanging limp from a few strands of flesh. The blood had long since drained and now soaked both the soldier and puppet's feet.

Truthfully, I didn't care. At least for the dead one. He was a corrupt man. When we arrived he was about to bring his sword down on a child who bumped into him. Her sister was crying, begging the man not to. It was that moment Viessa began her attack. She said she went for him because he was the strongest and the leader, but I reckoned she felt bad for the girl and her sister. At least I hoped.

I made my entrance by, well, reducing the commander's leaders to not even dust. They were encouraging the behavior of their commander. Even though it was out of character for me, I silently thanked the universe for allowing me to continue my facade without guilt.

The portal that led to the floating castle shimmered, waiting for someone to enter it. This was a small town where most of the people abandoned it for being close to the Wall. Of course, the council had to have a group stay behind to protect the portal. We were only waiting because Agrona had planned it so meticulously that even the smallest error would be bad.

The people ran, letting us to our own devices. Which led Viessa to pull out a tea set. I begrudgingly agreed to dine with her. She only captured him because he knew how to work the thing.

"However, I will take pity on you. You see, we're going to free you of your leaders! Then you'll be able to live under the reign of the High sovereign!" Viessa laughed. The horror in his eyes returned.