Chapter 31 - Surprise, Conversation, Acceptence

GREY

"Grey of blood unnamed, the High Sovereign asks for your presence."

I turned to the maid, she was strong, I could tell that much. It was annoying. I couldn't sense someone's core anymore but aether helped my senses to the point I didn't really need a core to sense someone's strength.

Caera and the rest let out small gasps, everyone except for Seris. I wonder if she either knew of this or was the one who told him about me. It didn't matter, I would need to talk to him anyways if I wanted an influence in the war.

Although I wasn't expecting it to happen so fast, even if Seris told him. "Caera of Highblood Denoir, you are also requested," the maid said, her eyes closed but still threatening.

Instead of Caera shaking like I expected she was calm and collected. I turned to her and was about to ask a question when she stopped me. "I'll tell you later, I don't think keeping the High sovereign waiting is a good idea."

I nodded and turned my attention back to the maid. "How do we get there?"

The maid finally opened her eyes, they were silver and piercing. Any normal person would flinch once they made eye contact with her but I kept my ground. She nodded upon seeing my reaction – or lack of rather – and then pulled out an anvil from her dimension ring. Wasn't an anvil, but looked like it, I knew for a fact it was a Tempus warp. Seris showed me a few times when she had to go somewhere quickly.

The maid then did something to the tempest warp and a portal opened up, big enough for both of us to get through. Instead of going through it she stood next to it. "Please go through the portal, you'll find the High sovereign on the other side."

I looked at Caera and she looked back at me, her eyes filled with determination, something I was not expecting. "Shouldn't we be better dressed?" I questioned before we went through. The maid put her hand to her chin. "While it was not requested I believe it would be for the better. Showing up dressed improperly is worse than showing up."

I nodded and went into my room, leaving everyone behind completely flabbergasted. Caera went to her room. I entered my room to see the surprising lack of dust. I guess someone asked the maids to keep it clean. I opened my closet and looked through the many suits I had. Since I was staying in the Denoir house I needed at least some decent clothes.

Since I was gone for a year nothing fit anymore. I didn't have time to go out and buy something. I guess I should just go to Sevren's room and steal something, he won't mind. I picked out a fancy suit, a pitch black outer layer, a button up white vest for the under layer and a nice black bowtie to compliment it all. I walked out back to the entrance meeting Caera on the way. Instead of her normal navy blue that she loved she wore a dark, almost blood red dress. Instead of the normal giant dresses this world used, hers looked modern.

"You ready?" she asked as she walked over to me and interlocked our arms. "Yeah, although I'm surprised you're not freaking out,'' I admitted.

Caera bit her lip, hesitant to answer me. "While you were away I wanted information. I couldn't ask you so I went to Nico. However, while I was talking to him Agrona showed up. He asked some weird questions about you and then left. He's pretty scary but since I already met him I'm not too worried," Caera answered.

I'm actually glad she went to Nico. Despite his almost insane mentality when we first reunited he's a pretty great guy. "It was a good idea, I'm happy you went to him, he probably asked about me because of my connection to Nico. I do want to know why he's asking for me now," I pondered out loud.

"I don't know, maybe we'll find out. I just hope my Vritra blood isn't discovered," Caera grew dark at the thought. "Don't worry, if it comes to that I can get us out of there," I comforted her and she seemed to brighten up.