Chapter 29 - I'm home

A.N So, some of you people have been asking or smut (aka 18+ for those who don't know) and I'm here to say no. I do not write smut and I never will. Stop asking for it, you will not get it. You know who you are.

CAERA DENOIR

I sat at my desk in my room. I had one month until Grey was supposed to return and it was agonizing having to wait. I wanted to see him so badly but I had to wait just that little bit. I heard some commotion coming from downstairs but I assumed it was just Sevren torturing Noah with some new invention of his.

I heard the door open to my room, but I ignored it since I thought it was Nessa just doing chores. I felt a small sensation on my cheek and I spun around to see Grey. I was about to say something, but he pulled me into a passionate kiss before I had the chance.

"Caera, I'm home."

I didn't say anything and just pounced on him, pinning him to the floor. I dug my face into his chest. "Why are you home so early?" I questioned, as I squeezed him harder. I felt that if I let him go he'll run off.

"Bruce said I was ready and that staying there any longer would only be useless," Grey explained. "I'm glad you are back now. I don't know what I would've done if you never returned," I said, as I got up and felt my boyfriend lay on the floor.

Grey pushed me off of him before standing up and sitting on the bed .I sat beside him, laying down on his lap. I let him start petting my head and I felt happy, happy he was here again. But as I felt his hands tremble, I realized he was afraid of something.

"Grey, what's wrong?" I questioned with authority, not that it would work on him. "It's nothing Caera, just, worried about the war," Grey answered, his hands didn't stop trembling.

"That's not it, I know you. You hide your pain under that mask of yours. If you don't tell me I'm going to walk out of this room and-"

"Go get lost in a random forest again?" Grey finished my sentence with a chuckle. I just pouted, puffing up my cheeks, and gave him a playful punch.

"Don't try and change the subject, tell me what's wrong," I said, as I pulled his head down, forcing him to bend over me.

Grey looked hesitant to tell me but my demanding look forced him to open up. "Caera, you don't have to force yourself to love me. I know you must be afraid of me. Just tell me you don't like it and I'll leave."

I could see the tears start to form under his eyes and his entire body started to tremble. I sat up straight and pulled him into a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder and held on tight. "C-Caera?" Grey asked, not returning my hug but also not rejecting it.

"Grey, it's okay. I'm not leaving you and I sure as hell won't let you leave me. I'm not afraid of you either and I'm not forcing myself to do anything. When will you finally realize that people care for you," I said.

Grey didn't answer and returned my hug, burying his face into my shoulder. We stayed like that for who knows how long, enjoying the embrace of the other. I felt Grey's breathing stabilize then realized that he fell asleep. How many times has one of us fallen asleep while with the other? I don't even remember.

I laid Grey down then noticed how toned he was. But I also noticed another thing. All of his scars were gone. "Hello M'lady."

A giant shadow wolf jumped out of Grey's core and landed on the bed before lying down. "You got fat Regis. Looks like Grey needs to put you on a diet," I teased.

"The first thing you say to me after a year is that I'm fat," scoffed Regis.

"And you tried to flirt with me despite knowing I already have a boyfriend," I replied. "Touche."