Chapter 34 - Out in the field

Sorry everyone for the really really late chapter. I've had stuff everyday for the past week, hence why this one is so late. This'll be my last chapter before my break. Thank you for your understanding, and again, I'm sorry about that. (kinda can't write when you're without your computer for 8 hours everyday)

ELEANOR LEYWIN

"I am not jealous, it's just the newer generation of Leywin's has horrible naming skills," Sylvie replied half joking as she failed to suppress a laugh.

"Hmph!' I turned around, holding Boo in my arms. "Hey Sylvie, what was Arthur like while you were bonded with him?" I asked.

"What was he like? Well, loving, caring, desperate for love. The memories that I do remember were thinking about how he could protect everyone. He's a great person," Sylvie answered as she rubbed my back.

"Anyways, show me what you've learned. I'm actually free for once," Sylvie said, as she stood up. "Alright," I replied, as I stood up and grabbed my bow and Boo.

"Oh yeah, how is Tess doing?" I asked, as we made our way to the training room. "She's doing much better, although since I've been forbidden to bond I don't know how she's feeling on the inside," Sylvie answered, as her voice peaked in happiness.

"That's good. How strong is she?" I asked. Although I hated Tess for a while my feelings of hate have disappeared and I forgave her. "She's dark silver right now, impressive for his age," Sylvie answered.

"It seems her team helped her a lot. Although one of them has a crush on her," Sylvie said, as she held her hand to her head. "I expected that much, I remember how Feyrith told me about all of the boys who had a crush on her," I laughed.

"Yeah, enough about her, what about you?" she asked. "Me? I'm now at dark orange with cracks!" I exclaimed proudly, as I put my fist to my heart.

"Congrates, you're very skilled," Sylvie applauded.

We arrived at the training room and the guards opened the doors quickly thanks to Sylvie's presence. Upon opening there were about a dozen other noble children training. "Here, let's go over here, there's no one there," Sylvie pointed to an empty part of the training room.

We walked over, somehow avoiding the eyes of everyone here. I know they're used to me but they always stare at Sylvie. "Here, try hitting these without using any mana," Sylvie created multiple round balls of mana and shot them out forwards.

"Do you mean no mana as no augmenting or no mana at all? Because I don't have arrows," I said, as I stared at the girl who was focused on her mana targets.

"No augmenting, I was expecting you to use pure mana anyways," Sylvie replied. I complied and drew my bow. I felt as the mana pumped out from my core. It flowed through my mana viens with ease as it took the form of a small mana ball which I focused into an arrow.

I pulled the string on my bow back, notched the arrow, aimed at the closest target, and fired. The arrow flew through the air and hit its target spot on. "Good job," Sylvie praised. "I always find your talent for pure mana amazing. Try and hit all of them," Sylvie instructed.

I complied and shot down the rest of the targets. I aimed and fired only for the ball of mana to move out of the way. "Hey!" I shouted as I turned to Sylvie who was giggling. "In battle your enemy won't stay still. If you want to go out to war you need to learn that much."

"I guess you're right, want to teach me since you're so bored?" I asked with a teasing tone, as a sly smile formed on my face. "Why not?" she replied.

We spent the rest of the morning practicing. Sylvie would move targets around so I would practice with moving targets. "This is just a suggestion Ellie, but maybe you should try and kill some mana beasts before you go and kill people," Sylvie said with a serious expression.