Chapter 41 - Calm before the storm

VIRION ERALITH

I put down the expensive wine and made my way to the council room for today's meeting. I planned on just skipping it and explaining it later, but I guess I can't. I internally thanked my granddaughter and Lady Sylvie before leaving.

Thanks to good fortune that I wasn't drunk yet and that they stopped me before I had gone too far. Even if I had gotten drunk, my silver core would've brought me back to sober soon enough.

Behind the huge double doors was screaming between the Glayders, Rahdeas and my Son along with my daughter in law. Neither of them took Arthur's past life very well. Of course, I was the one to tell them. Tessia however doesn't know this and I've asked them not to tell her. I didn't want to drive a wedge between my family at such a low point.

The guards opened the door before I could give the order. The council hall grew quiet at my appearance. "Forgive my tardiness, I had some personal issues," I began. "At least you finally showed up," Blaine grumbled. Lance Aya scowed a bit at his comment but didn't dare say a word.

"What is the topic of conversation as of this moment?" I asked, sitting down in my own chair. "Considering it has to do with you elves, I'm sure you know what we're talking about," shot Blaine.

"To correct my husband's statement, we are debating about the individual known as Arthur Leywin. Lance Aya has reported all about him. He was your disciple, correct?" Priscilla asked.

"Yes, was. I haven't taught him a thing since he was eight. His current abilities are forgein to me as well," I answered, Auldin probably told them that part. "Why don't we start from the earliest and work our way up from there then? I believe it would be the best course of action to determine our next move," Priscilla suggested.

"I agree, it would indeed be the most effective strategy," My son Aldiun agreed. I didn't oppose it, it was a good idea, I simply did not want to accept Arthur's change.

"Very well, shall we call in the Leywin family then?" Priscilla suggested. "I have them down in the dungeon. Bairon, bring them here!" Blaine commanded. "You did what?!" I demanded, my tone was emotionless but my bloodlust was enough to get my point across.

Blaine scoffed once I brought my bloodlust back. "They're responsible for the birth of a powerful enemy combatant. Simply being in the dungeon for a night is kind enough as is."

Although I didn't like it, if it were anyone else other than the Leywin's I probably wouldn't've opposed. I knew the two and how kind they were. Soon, Barion dragged the two in. I say dragged but it would be more accurate to say led. He didn't seem forceful at all and to my relief, they had no visible bruises or cuts.

"Alice and Reynolds Leywin, are you aware as to why you were put in the dungeon?" Rahdeas questioned, stroking his beard while he spoke. "No your majesties, we were not informed," Reynolds spoke.

"You were imprisoned for giving birth to a Scythe," Blaine answered. The couples faces went pale, their bodies visibly shaking. "Your majesty, I-I don't-" I cut Alice off. If Blaine continued it would only get worse.

"It seems Arthur has joined Alacrya during his disappearance. I can confirm this as I've met him myself," I explained.

"We want all the information you have of him. Once you have given us that, you will be allowed to return to your rooms outside of the prison," Merial explained, keeping her smile calm and understanding. Reynolds nodded but Alice struggled to keep herself composed.

"Commander Virion already knows this, but our son is a reincarnator," Reynolds explained. All the lances, as well as the human and dwarf council members turned to me to check if what they were saying was true. I only nodded my head in confirmation.