chapter 5

"I can't believe you would blow off our dinner to go to a lame concert. With Kim!"

Ron winced as he felt his secret girlfriend's wrath coming down on him. He knew this wasn't going to be good, almost the second he told Kim he'd love to go with her to see the O' Boyz live.

Ron couldn't believe just how much he loved listening to his newest CD. The O' Boyz were just amazing. All the way down the road to Kim's house, he had been rocking to the music, practicing the dance moves he had seen on their video just the other night. When he got to his friend's house, he didn't even pause. He saw Kim and her mom sitting in the kitchen, and he just slid right in.

"The O'Boyz rock my world!"

Ron started grooving to the beat, and looked over at Kim to see if she was watching him. She didn't seem all that interested. In fact, she looked a little embarressed, but that didn't bother him. Of course, that was when his eyes locked onto the two little pieces of paper on the table, and his eyes widened in delight.

"O'Boyz ticks... KP..." Ron could feel the energy, grooving quickly to the beat as he thought of the prospect of seeing them live. "This is awesome!"

He couldn't help himself. Ron was so amped. Finally, Kim grabbed his arms, stopping his dancing routine and calmly looking him in the eyes. "Ron, do you want to go to the concert with me?"

Ron actually giggled like a schoolgirl. "Oh man KP, this rocks! I can't believe we're going to see them live... and in person!"

Kim groaned slightly, but smiled. "Sure, it will be a blast. Just remeber to be here tomorrow at six so we can get to the concert in time."

"Oh yeah KP, this... um... tomorrow?"

Kim frowned slightly as she watched Ron's face fall. "What's the matter? One second you're completely stoked, the next you look like the Tweebs launched Rufus into orbit. What's wrong?"

Ron's hand moved to the back of his neck, rubbing slightly. "Nothing's wrong, I just... I have to go home quick before we hang out tonight, all right?"

Kim gave him a curious look, but nodded slowly. "All right Ron, whatever you say. Just remember that dinner will be ready in an hour."

Ron nodded, smiling again. "No worries KP, you know the Ronman would never turn down a Possible home cooked meal.

That had been twenty minutes ago, and Ron knew that worries for him were just starting. "I'm really, REALLY sorry, but I told Kim I'd go before realizing what day it was. I didn't think the tickets would be for tomorrow night."

"Sure you didn't. Of course, spending time with your 'friend' doesn't factor into the equation at all, does it?"

Ron gave Bonnie a weird look. "What does spending time with Kim mean about anything? KP and me have been friends for years."

Bonnie gave Ron a sneer. "Sure, you two are just such good 'friends'. You even have your regular little date night every Friday, don't you?"

Ron couldn't believe just how weird this conversation had turned. He had expected some anger, but from what Bonnie was implying...

"Bonnie... do you think... me and Kim? Noooo, no way. Me and Kim have been best buds for years but... I mean, she's got Josh and I'm dating you. There is..."

"Well you probably won't be dating me for much longer!"

Ron's jaw dropped to the floor, as all he could do was stammer. "But... but Bon..."

"GET OUT!" Bonnie shoved Ron through the open door, her anger evident. "I don't want your loser germs here any more."

Ron was too stunned to protest, and quickly found the door slamming in his face. He could only stare at the door, shocked to the core, at what had just happened. Could it possibly be over, just like that? It seemed impossible that it could have happened. For what seemed an eternity, Ron just stared at the door, not quite believing. His heart felt heavy as he finally took a step back, hoping beyond hope that this was all just some cruel mistake, that Bonnie would open the door again, and everything would be right again in the world.