chapter 11

Kim pushed open the front door to her home, exhausted after such a long day. They had spoken for hours on end, pausing briefly for food, but talking about everything. She had to admit, she was reluctant to believe Bonnie at first, but it would be impossible for anyone to pretend that level of emotion that she had seen today. It did truly appear that Bonnie was sincere, that she did love Ron. That was such a hard thing to believe, that everything Kim had ever believed in, was going to change. Oh, not the essential things, Ron would still be Ron, Bonnie would still be Bonnie, her attitude at returned to a somewhat more normal level as their talk had continued, but the dynamics that Kim had become used to were going to change completely.

She could already picture the reaction at school. This was going to rock the school hierarchy down to it's foundations, and she had to admit, Middleton's newest public couple was going to need a bit of help. And despite the reservations Kim had, she was going to be there for Ron.

"Kim, where as you been?"

Kim jumped when her mother, frowning sternly, stepped in front of her. "Sorry Mom, Ron and I went on a mission to stop Drakken this morning and got struck with a truth ray and when I found out about it I wanted to check and see what Ron had been hiding and..."

"Did you forget that your father was having the board of directors over for dinner tonight?"

Kim's eyes widened, and she blushed furiously. "Oh man, Mom, you have to believe me, I didn't mean to forget. It's just been such a huge day, with Ron and Bonnie dating now and..."

"What?" Andrea Possible appeared speechless for a moment. "Ron is dating Bonnie? That's what he's been hiding?"

Kim nodded quickly. "Yeah, it was, but then the whole sitch where Tara liked Ron, but was getting turned around by Bonnie, who..."

"That's still no excuse for not calling."

Kim froze again, before slowly hanging her head. "You're right Mom, I'm sorry."

"Take it easy on her Andrea," Dr. Wong came in from the living room, where everyone else was sitting, "she did save me from that awful Dr. Drakken this morning, and I know that truth ray couldn't have been easy on a young woman."

Andrea nodded thoughtfully for a moment. "I guess you are right. But that doesn't excuse you not calling. You're grounded for tomorrow young lady."

Kim sighed, nodding slowly. "Yes Mom."

"Now go get changed. Your dinner is in the oven, and you can come join us while you eat."

Kim nodded quickly, and rushed up the stairs. She was changing her shirt when she thought back to what she had talked about with Ron and Bonnie. She picked up the phone, knowing who she had to talk to.

"Club Banana, Monique speaking."

"Hey Monique."

"Kim girl, what happened to you? You disappeared all of a sudden." There was a pause, before Monique continued. "Come to think of it, so did Ron, Tara, and Bonnie."

Kim fidgeted slightly. "Monique, can you drop by after work. We need to talk."

"Well... Kim took that better than I thought."

Ron hugged Bonnie tight, reluctant to let go. The way Bonnie was gripping his arms, as he sat behind her, showed that it was especially appreciated. "Yeah, I thought for sure that large amounts of pain were going to be involved."

Bonnie laid her head back on his shoulder, a sad expression on her face. "Do you really think... tomorrow..."

"I'll talk to Tara tomorrow. Kim said we should give her some time, and she was going to call Tara tomorrow as well."