chapter 22

Ron sank into the booth seat heavily, his food forgotten. All he could do was stare at the check in his hands, running it over and over inside his head. Even with it in his hands, even with Kim, Bonnie, and Tara confirming the figure for him, he still couldn't believe it. "Ninety-nine million dollars."

Bonnie clung to his arm, squealing with glee. "Ron, this is so amazing. Now, I'm not just dating someone who is sweet and funny and handsome, but rich as well."

Kim was far more pragmatic about it, glancing worriedly at Ron. "Ron, I know this is a lot of money…"

"A lot of money?" Ron looked up in shock. "I think we passed a lot a while ago."

"I'm just concerned that all this money might go to your head."

Ron was back to looking at the check, close to the point of drooling. "And the zeros… look at all the zeros…"

"RON!" When Ron was looking up again, Kim continued. "I'm concerned Ron. That's a lot of money, and you can tend to let things get to you."

"KP, this money will not change me. I mean, look at Bonnie." Ron took a moment to do just that as she clung to him. "I haven't let dating Bonnie get to my head, have I?"

Kim reluctantly had to agree and decided to change the subject. "So Ron, what are you going to do with all that money?"

Ron shook his head slowly, his attention back on the check. "Honestly KP, I have no idea."

Bonnie leaned in to kiss Ron on the cheek. "I can think of a few things."

Kim glared at the brunette, her ire drawn. "I'm sure you have plenty of ideas how to spend RON'S money."

Bonnie returned the glare, her anger evident. ":And just what is that supposed to mean Possible?"

Kim raised her hands defensively, realizing she might have pushed too far without meaning to, still too hung up on the way Bonnie used to be. "Nothing, I…"

"I loved Ron long before he had money. So what if I want to enjoy this with him." Bonnie's eyes lit up as she came to a realization. "If Ron is a millionaire, there is no way that Daddy can't say I can't see him." Bonnie squealed again, clutching tight to Ron.

That caught Ron's attention, and he turned to smile at his girlfriend. "Do you really think so?"

Bonnie smirked happily. "If there's one thing my father appreciates, it's money and power."

"Uhh…" Ron cast a glance at Kim and Tara. "Isn't that two things?"

"Not to my father. To my father, if you don't have money, you don't have power. Now that you're a millionaire, he won't be able to say anything against us at all. This is perfect!" Bonnie started planting kisses all along Ron's lips and chin.

Tara had largely been silent up till now, but cut in now, before Bonnie could get too carried away in a public restaurant. "So Ron, now that you have the money and you know Mr. Rockwaller won't say anything about you dating his daughter, what do you plan to do with all that money?"

Ron stood there, his mind working a mile a minute. There were so many things he could do with this money, things he wanted to do. He knew that if it hadn't been for that dinner the night before, he'd probably being going nuts with Bonnie, spending like crazy and having a blast.

But his mind kept going over what Mr. Rockwaller had said. Everyone told him that what Mr. Rockwaller said was wrong, but Ron wasn't so sure. He didn't have any goals, any real drive to do better in school, and in a way, he was right that he didn't deserve Bonnie. But now he had the means to change all that for the better. School wouldn't be much better, but he could set what goals he wanted without having to worry. And most of all, he could really and truly be deserving of Bonnie, be the boyfriend she really deserves.