chapter 8

Ron could only smile as Bonnie leaned against him on the plane ride home, cuddling up against each other. He kissed her softly on the forehead, causing her to snuggle even closer. "So, what did you think of your first mission?"

Bonnie squeezed him tighter, sighing deeply. "It was... interesting. Not quite what I expected. And to be honest, I never knew you were in such great shape, I mean, scaling that cliff like that and everything. And I mean, there wasn't even any fighting, though I did get worried when we ran into that woman..."

"Shego."

"Yeah, her. I guess I always just thought you tagged along with Kim, but there's a lot more to what you do, isn't there? I mean, scuba diving, bungee jumping... I have to tell you, I'm impressed. If more people knew what you could do, you would probably be so much cooler in school."

Ron gave her a bit of a look. "We're not going to get on this whole food chain thing again, are we? I really don't care what other people think of me."

Bonnie pulled away to meet his gaze. "I do though, and not just because of the food chain. Ron, if you showed people what you can do, what you can be like, you could probably own that school... with me. Because I would really like..."

What Bonnie was going to say was cut off by the beep of the Kimmunicator, and the pair pulled apart slightly. They shared a brief look before Ron pulled away and activated the device. "Go Wade."

"Hey Ron, just called to congratulate you on the successful mission. You did a great job."

Ron just beamed at the praise. "Thanks Wade."

"So how did Bonnie handle herself?"

"Oh Bonnie did great, like she's been doing it all her life. I couldn't have done it without her."

Bonnie gave him a bit of a look of incredulity, before snatching the Kimmunicator from his hands. "Don't listen to him Wade, I was just along for the ride. He did all the work himself, I could barely keep up."

Wade just nodded at that, smiling all the while. "Yeah, Ron can get like that."

Bonnie cast a glance at her boyfriend. "Does he always give Kim all the credit?"

"Pretty much."

"I'm sitting right here." Ron just gave them both a look, sitting back in his seat.

Bonnie just smiled sweetly at him. "I know sweetie. You just keep sitting there and looking pretty while I handle this."

Wade broke down laughing, and all Ron could do was sit there and sulk quietly, trying hard to hide his amusement. Bonnie turned back to face Wade, fighting hard to keep from laughing as well. "Wade, I want you to do something for me. I want you to spread the word about just what a great job Ron did, he deserves serious credit for this, and he's going to get it."

"Bonnie, I..."

Bonnie leaned over, kissing him quickly and silencing him. "Ron, you never get any credit for anything, and this time you deserve it. Did you know half the kids at school don't believe you even go on missions with Kim since you're never mentioned?"

Ron's eyes widened at that, and he sat back on the seat stunned. "Really?"

Bonnie nodded and smiled. "Yeah, but we're going to change that. No boyfriend of mine is going to get shortchanged. Oh, and Wade... do you think we can keep my name out of it for now? Just until we tell Tara and Kim?"

Wade's smile faltered for a moment. "You are going to tell them soon, aren't you? I don't know how much longer I can hold Kim off, and I don't like lying to her."