chapter 32

"Bonnie, what are you doing here?" Tara was shocked to see her friend walking down the hallways, books held tight in front of her. "I thought you were going to take the day off and stay with your mom and your sister."

Bonnie shook her head. "I couldn't just stay at home, I would have gone nuts. Mom's going crazy with the bonding after what Connie said. Lonnie is eating it up right now, but I needed a break. I figured I'd come in for the afternoon."

Tara smiled faintly, glancing up and down the halls. "And you thought school would be the best place to take a break?"

Bonnie smiled in response, but her eyes tracked to one particular sight. "No, but it's the only place I can get my Ronshine right now."

Tara turned just in time to catch sight of Ron and Kim coming down the hallway before Bonnie slipped past her, throwing herself into Ron's arms. Tara shook her head as she leaned back into the lockers beside Kim. "Ronshine?"

Kim smirked, watching the couple in front of them. "Last night, I told Bonnie the story about Ron and our time with the Sunshine Spreaders. She liked the word, started using it right away. I think it's going to get very old very fast."

Tara and Kim both giggled, and Tara turned to open her locker. As soon as the door was opened, a large letter fell to the floor in front of her. Tara reached down quickly, excited. "I got anouther letter from my secret admirer."

Bonnie had let go of Ron in an instant and was standing over Tara's shoulder. "What does it say?"

Ron rubbed his arms gently as Tara's opened up the letter. "Man Bonnie, I think I got fabric burn when you pulled away that quickly."

Bonnie gave Ron a sympathetic frown. "Sorry Hon, but this is important." She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and turned her attention back to Tara. "So, what does it say?"

Tara's eyes went wide as she read through it all. "He wants to meet me... tonight!"

Kim leaned over as well to look, wanting to see for herself. "Tonight? But it's Wednesday. Why wouldn't he schedule for a Friday or Saturday night?"

Tara turned the letter over to see if there was more but there wasn't. "It doesn't say."

Kim was grinning like crazy. "So are you going to meet him?"

"He's sending a limo to my house." Tara mulled it over for a few moments before smiling as well. "You know, I think I will meet him."

Kim was almost giddy as she caught onto Tara's excitement. "So, what are you going to wear?"

Bonnie let the two teens chat as she held onto Ron's arm, still not sure about the whole situation. She still had a few doubts about Josh. When there was a pause in the planning, Bonnie cut in. "I'm gonna head for class. We'll talk more after school, pick you out the right outfit."

Pulling Ron's arm, Bonnie headed off down the hallway with him. Ron could see the concern in her eyes. "Bonnie, what's the matter?"

Bonnie glanced back at her happy best friend with a sigh. "I don't know, but I have a suspicion."

"Suspicion?"

Bonnie smiled slightly when she turned to face Monique. "Monique, just the person I was hoping to run into."

Ron glanced between Monique and Bonnie, confused completely. "Umm... weren't you still mad at Monique for what she said on the weekend?"