chapter 31

"WHAT?"

Kim could see the fury in Ron's eyes, even as he held a crying Bonnie close to him. Kim had held off telling Ron what had happened until they were back on the plane, and Bonnie had been in no shape to tell him anything, the emphatic nature of her victory over Drakken forgotten as if it had never been. It had been a good thing too, as the way he looked now, he'd want to destroy something, and this being his own plane, he'd be able to reign in that urge.

Still, it was a very close thing, and the only thing stopping him really was being held in his arms at that moment. "I can't believe… I mean… that's just so…"

"I know Ron, I know." Kim was trying hard to be calm, but even she was ready to throttle Bonnie's father, and she had never even met the man.

The next few minutes were quiet as Ron kept whispering to Bonnie, holding her close. It took some time, but eventually she settled down enough to fall asleep. When he was sure she was asleep, Ron slowly edged her down so that she was resting comfortably. Rufus was quick to jump in, glancing briefly at Ron before moving to cuddle up with Bonnie, stroking her hair softly.

Freed, Ron was quickly to his feet, pacing back and forth but making sure to keep it quiet so as not to wake Bonnie. "KP… I…"

Kim motioned to Ron for silence and then indicated they move back to the cargo area of the plane. She shut the door and breathed a little easier. "I know what you're going to say Ron and I agree. He has got to pay somehow. I've already got Wade doing a search, but…"

"I don't just want him to pay, I want him to hurt."

"Wha…" Kim turned to look at her best friend quickly and was shocked. His eyes were blazing a fiery blue and his skin seemed to almost darken with a bluish tinge, though not a boldly as Drakken's skin tone was. "Ron?"

The hint of shock and fear in Kim's voice brought Ron back to himself. With a deep breath, the pigmentation faded, and the fire in his eyes disappeared, though not the anger that still resided within them. "Sorry KP."

Kim stepped forward, one hand raised as if to touch Ron yet not quite reaching him. "Ron, what was that?"

"And if you're going to do it again, could you not do it here… please?"

Both teens turned to look at Drakken, who they had, quite frankly, forgotten that they had bound for the authorities in this section of the plane. He was huddled as far away from Ron as he could, still clearly traumatized by Bonnie's 'punishment'.

Kim dismissed him quickly out of hand. "Drakken, be quiet please." She reached over to Ron, taking his hand quickly before he could react. "You want to tell me what that was?"

The anger seemed to disappear, replaced with concern and fear. "What… what do you mean?"

"Ron, I saw your eyes. The skin I can dismiss as a trick of the light, but…"

"Nothing happened with my eyes." Ron tried quickly to wave away the incident, even as he knew it wouldn't work.

Drakken peeked his head up briefly from behind his torn coat. "Yes it did." Ron turned to glare at him and Drakken yelped, falling silent.

Kim would have none of that though. Almost roughly, she turned his chin towards her to meet his eyes. "Ron, I know what I saw."

"KP…" Ron stammered, unsure what he could say and couldn't say, "I… I mean…"

Kim's look went from determined to hurt sharply. "This is another secret, isn't it?" She dropped his chin and stepped back, shaking her head. "We used to tell each other everything and now you are keeping all these secrets from me."