Chapter 37. Draco

Ginny's POV 

"CRUMPLE-HORNED-SNORNACKS!" I shouted.

The passageway door slid open. 

"Lumos." I whispered. The tip of my wand lit up, a signal.

Vadadeces glided to me. 

"Ah." He said softly. "Potter's lair."

He swept in, and I followed him.

The place was disappointingly empty.

"Empty." Vadadeces announced.

I groaned. I was looking forward to torturing Luna again. 

"Ah, Impius- where do you think those mudbloods and blood-traitors are?" 

"Hogwarts- Hogsmeade or-" I swallowed; "The Burrow." 

"Let us storm the ah- Burrow. Kill everyone in sight, even if it is the Risen. Except Potter and-" He glanced at me. "His girlfriend." 

A battle cry was heard as we disapparated.

Pop. I apparated to the Burrow. I swept forwards, reaching out a hand to make sure there wasn't anything blocking it.

Okay, that was just stupid. What if they had made an enchantment that could burn your fingers off?

"Draco?" I asked.

He appeared next to me.

"Yes, Ginny?" He said quietly. 

"Touch the Burrow." I ordered. 

Draco obeyed, though I saw his eyes flash with a sudden darkness under his mask.

He stepped forwards and touched the barrier. 

Draco's nails fell off. (A/N why the heck am I laughing- sadist side mwahahaha) He let out a yelp of pain.

"REDUCTO!" He yelled. 

The barrier exploded into a dozen tiny bits. A Risen wizard backed up so hastily he ran into Vadadeces.

Oopsie. 

"Avada Kedavra." Said Vadadeces carelessly.

Two unfortunate wizards dropped like stones.

"Oops, missed." Vadadeces said, a cruel smile playing at his lips. "Crucio."

The screams echoing from the wizard who bumped into Vadadeces broke the silence like shattering glass. I didn't even wince, but I saw Draco cringing beside me. 

"Avada Kedavra." Vadadeces murmured. 

The wizard dropped dead. 

Stepping over the bodies like they were a mildly interesting piece of sidewalk art, he walked over to my side.

"Adtono." Vadadeces said lightly. A jet of light shot out of his wand and erupted, with more power than all the nuclear bombs in the world. 

The Burrow crumbled, leaving a group of ashen-faced people standing amidst it.

We leapt into action. 

Firing all sorts of spells from my wand, from hexes to jinxes to death curses and exploding charms, I pelted after them. With a tug, my mask fell off and I turned my wand against the 'poor' person who had dragged it off.

It was my mother. 

"Ginny!" She shrieked. 

I curled my lip.