1

Onika Pov

Two years....I haven't talked to her. I'm in my last of college and is getting ready to pack my things to travel back home. I haven't had many visits because of such far distance and little break time, so i'm excited about this.

This is the last break of the year, which is spring break. I only have a week at home, so I plan on making it the best.

Beyoncé...I haven't talked nor heard from her since my 19nth birthday. So much has happened since then, i'm 21 now. We went from speaking everyday, to every week, to every month. And after my birthday, never again. I was confused and constantly texting and calling just to see if she would respond, but she never did.

I thought that maybe she wanted a break, so I chilled. That break turned into two years. I was really heartbroken, still is. She was my everything and I wouldn't have imagined this. We promised that we would call everyday and night, and I kept that promise. Even when I landed, we talked as I set my dorm room up.

I guess long distance couldn't work for her and that's understandable. But I wish she would've talked to me first before going ghost on me. Even my family said they barely hear from her.

Something happened to her as well, but they never told me. I know for a fact it was something bad because they said she was in the hospital. When I tried calling, they said she didn't want to talk...and after that, I gave up.

So much as changed about me...i'm not the same. Mentally. I'm much more mature and appreciative now. The little things matter. I've met plenty of people here and it's really helped me with seeing multiple point of views in life. Rather than the same ghetto hood view.

I'll admit that it was hard at first. Trying to talk like all the white peoples and being as presentable as them. But I gained friends and they're good ones. They taught me things without being offensive.

Kayla is still here. Her and her boyfriend broke up because he cheated on her a week after we left...and that always make me think. Did Beyoncé cheat on me?

I would hope not but the way things went, made me think she did. Maybe she just didn't want to hurt me with that? But she hurt me more with what she did. Ghosting me just made things worse.

Ever since I got here, there's been dudes all on me. I've been declining people for years and sometimes it's the same ones. It's crazy how many guys are here.

The new friends I have are Rashad and Melony. They're very cool and I love them a lot. Melony is a tag tricky white girl. She's the party type and never backs out of fun. Rashad is top notch black dude. All the students know him and he's such a flirt. That's how we became friends.

First he flirt with me, and then went to Kayla. He was really nervous when he saw the two of us together. It was so funny. We've all been stuck like glue since then.

They're even coming to Houston with me. Neither of them are close to their family so they wanted to travel somewhere they've never been before. Turns out the both of them have never been to Texas...so that was good.

Momma and Daddy have met them over the phone several times and live them. So when they heard that they were coming, they went crazy.

Oh did I mention that Anthony went here too? Well he's graduated now but he did. It was so fun! He's already back at home taking on his basketball career. Now he's the basketball coach at our old Middle School. I love hearing his stories about the kids.

Bryan has a baby now...she looks like us! I was so excited because he's been with his girlfriend for so long and she'd finally gotten pregnant. Her birthday is two days before mine. We thought she would be born on my birthday, but she went into labor early. I was sad about that but at least we're close.