6

Onika Pov

"So what the fuck we doing? Staying here or going back to New York?" Melony asked. I really wanted to stay home because of my family. We've been doing our work on our computers for about a week now, but we still have a whole apartment.

Being here and getting to know everyone as adults has been fun. It's made me realize that i've missed out on a lot.

Papa and I made a deal that after college I would come back home and work at the hospital here. Only until i'm able to start traveling. Then it's a different story.

"I'm willing to stay here shit. Ain't nothing out there for us besides that college. Going back down there would one, be boring as fuck. We working online so that means staying in the house." Rashad sighed.

True.

If we were to go back, it wouldn't be exciting. We've done everything out there. They've been living there, their whole lives.

I'm not tripping about staying, I would've had to come back eventually. It's just the ones that tagged along. Whatever they want to do is up to them. I don't want them to be somewhere they don't what to. Wouldn't be fair.

"Y'all know I wanna stay. There's a lot of opportunities out here. We went job searching and we've come across a few. Even went looking at apartments and there's some really good ones....The college sent those checks in and I say fuck that stuff in New York." Melony chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and typed on the computer. They gave everyone a check, even the ones who aren't on campus. So Kayla and I got one as well. It's cool.

"Luckily that apartment wasn't furnished. Just a few couches and our beds." I mumbled. Kayla agreed and I looked around at everyone.

"We're staying." Melony shrugged. I nodded my head and continued looking through the apartment lists.

I'm not staying in my parents house, i'm finna be out by the end of the week. Staying here makes me feel like a teenager, i'm grown. Way too grown.

"Telephone Nic. It's Bella." Kayla tossed my phone. I spent the night with them once and she's been on me since. Her iPad has my my number save and she calls me whenever she wants.

There's some attachment and i'm okay with that. As long as she doesn't get confused. We would hate that...well I would. Bey would probably be happy and use her as an excuse to be with me.

"Hi Tinker Bell." I smiled into the camera. She was running around with an evil giggle and heavy steps were heard behind her.

Beyoncé is chasing her. Such a child.

"M-mama! Nika! 'Elp!" She screamed. I just listened to it all unfold as I scrolled on my computer.

Bey had caught her by now and was punishing her. Bella had a mouth on her even though she was two, and would argue all day. I learned that the hard way.

"Nika! Mama yell at me!" She cried. I picked up the phone and I was looking at the ceiling. Lord. "Beyoncé don't yell at her. What did she even do?" I sighed.

They act more like siblings that mother and daughter. Beyonce picked up the iPad and mugged me. It was snatched and Bella looked at me with a pout. "Nika..." She whined.

"What did you do Bell?" I smiled. She blew and breath and passed the iPad back to Bey.

"She broke my fucking phone man. Threw it off the balcony to the living room floor. It's hardwood bro, that shit shattered. My screen is in pieces all over the floor. Then i'm looking for my shit and look down stairs to see glass. She at the top giggling like it's so funny. So i'm trying to calm down and she wanna take me as a joke.