4

Onika Pov

I'm not leaving.

Just not going back to that house. They don't really care, they just know that i'm their child and they want to tell me what to do all the time. I know they love me and all, but they also don't want me to grow up. I'm too grown to be going through that still.

My brothers still treat me like i'm 16, and my parents just...I don't know what's going through their heads. Nothing is making sense with them.

How am I the daughter, but get treated like the in law? It's whatever though, fuck them until they can treat me the right way. I've went through too much to still be treated like this. It's too much.

"So where do y'all want to go today?" I said. We're still laying in the bed, trying to figure out what to do. It's Wednesday and we have until Friday to have fun. We're driving my truck back so that'll be a 26 hour ride. We have to leave a whole day early.

I felt Kayla roll under me and stretch her body. We've been laying here on our phones since like 5am. We're so used to getting up early, that we still do.

"I want to go to the carnival." She grumbled. I nodded my head and waited for the other two to tap into the conversation. "That sounds fun. I want some bad ass mozzarella sticks. And a turkey leg, heard those are the best out here in Texas." Rashad yawned.

Turkey legs here are really good, I rarely eat them because it's too much.

Melony sat up and yawned dramatically. We looked at her annoyed and she mugged us. Extra ass.

"Carnival would be really fun!" She smiled. I rolled my eyes and got out of the bed, going into the bathroom. My face is really red and my eyes are puffy. I cried my eyes out last night even though I didn't want to.

After getting dressed, I walked and they were all dressed and frowning. "Yo you take forever man. We all changed and waiting for you to get the fuck out." Rashad complained.

I ignored him and put my shoes on. They did whatever they needed to do in the bathroom and came out ready to go. I almost ordered an Uber but then Melony reminded me that my truck was down in the parking garage.

My phone was full of messages and calls from everyone, so I checked them. The family group chat was booming, all because they don't want me to leave. To calm them down, I sent a message:

I'm not leaving.

Bubbles popped up and I stayed in the chat just to see what they would say. Momma was first.

Mommy🥰: Please come stay here? I don't want you in a hotel when you don't have to be.

I ignored it for the moment and thought about it. Momma is a really good person so I know they meant well with not telling me. I just expected to know.

We got into my truck and I headed to a breakfast spot. I'm so hungry, I didn't even eat last night. Or at all yesterday because I was sad the whole time.

"Hey Sara." I waved at the lady. She's been working here since I was little and is my favorite. Every time I come, she already knows my order. I get the same thing all the time.

She seated us and wrote my order down before taking everyone else's. They just got the same thing as me because they didn't know anything else on the menu. It was literally regular food.. Kayla and I just looked at them weird because how do you not know this?

It didn't take long for our stuff to come out, and we dug in. It's still a bit early and I just don't want to deal with no bullshit today. I want a peaceful fun day.