14

Omniscient Pov

Two weeks ago was a tragedy. Something that broke everyone's heart, brought them closer. It's the day of the funeral, and everyone is prepared.

All except Onika.

They'd been talking about it since the death occurred, but Nicki wasn't feeding into it. Her heart is broken. Not wanting to come to terms that her big brother is gone.

Of course she knows, but she doesn't want to believe.

"Come on Nic...you have to get up baby. I heard you haven't ate." Momma Carol rubbed her arm.

"Whoever told you that need to mind their business." She grumbled.

Carol sighed, pulling the cover from her daughters body. Nicki was only in her undergarments. She'd been like that since she washed her brothers blood from her body.

Only showering and not getting dressed.

"Come on..You can't keep doing this baby. We know you're hurt, but you're hurting yourself more with this self neglect. Look at your stomach, your face is skinny. Get up." She pulled her arms.

Nickis body was limp, and she whined.

"I'm not going."

"That's a lie..come on. If you don't go, you'll regret it later. Don't let your mind mess with your heart." She picked Nic up, wrapping her body around hers.

Carol knew her daughter, and not going to the funeral would eat her alive afterwards. She didn't want her to go through that.

So she would make her do what she knew Nic wanted to do. And that was get up, eat and prepare for the funeral in two hours.

They were supposed to be meeting up at Carols house, but everyone realized that Nicki wasn't there.

Which caused Carol to pull up.

"Mommy I can't believe it...."

"I know baby....I know. But this is a day of closure, which is why you need to be there. We've talked about it several times. I know how you feel and you remember what I told you...."

Nicki nodded her head and stepped into her shower. She's never been ashamed to be naked in front of her mother. It just came naturally.

As she was standing under the water, staring as it fell, her stomach started to turn. She stood up straight, looking at the floor, thinking to herself.

After gagging a few times, she started to wash herself.

"Are you okay baby?" Carol spoke loudly. Nicki hummed lowly and washed up. Not taking long because she was already late.

As she stepped out and moisturized, Carol handed her a black dress.

"Mommy I think i'm gonna thr-" She flew over the toilet. Carol held her hair back as she puked fluids. She hadn't ate in days, so there wasn't anything coming up.

Her mother had a thought, but pushed it back. She knew that Nicki didn't want children, and didn't want to bring it up.

When Nicki stood up, she was handed a toothbrush with fresh paste. She brushed her teeth thoroughly before sliding her dress on.

Carol removed her scarf, and plugged in the flat irons. Nicki looked at herself through the mirror as her mother got her together.

They looked like twins by the end. Matching puffy eyes from crying, and huge smiles.

As they headed out, Nicki took a moment to check herself in the full body mirror.

"Mommy my boobs..."