3

Beyoncé Pov

"I missed you." She played with my chain.

I looked in her eyes as she ran her fingers down my stomach. Those eyes, that smile.

She looked up at me as I hovered over her. Words can't explain how much i've missed her and I feel like shit for the things that took place in her absence. Surprisingly she doesn't seem as hurt as I thought she would.

"I missed you too." I kissed her. She smiled small and grabbed my face. That smile.

"Mama....can I lay wif you and the pwetty lady?" Bella knocked softly. I rolled off of Nic as she got in the bed.

Onikas been acting fine with being around Bella. She was playing with her at the beach and wouldn't leave her side. I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

But Onika isn't easy with kids so the worry was on her face.

"Uhm, i'm gonna go..." Nicki got off the bed. I scrunched my face and looked at her. Why's she leaving?

She put her cover up over her swimsuit and slid on her slides. "Why?" I pouted. Bella was watching her the whole time and I just don't understand why she acts so attached.

I know Nicki never wanted kids, but I also know she just talked. Anything could happen. Watch she have one of my babies. It's gon happen.

"It's my first night back and i'm sure my family's wondering where I am. I told them I was going to the store. Plus...i'm not your girlfriend and I don't want your baby to get too attached or used to me because I won't be here." She sighed.

The way she talks now is so...proper. Like she pronounces every word to the fullest.

"I want you to be." I grabbed her wrist. She smiled at me and shook her head.

"That won't happen..sorry. A lot has changed and I don't think I want to be put in a situation that could mess me up...mentally. I have good things going for myself."

I watched her leave out and when the door closed, I snuggled into Bella. She rubbed my cheek and we drifted off to sleep. We've been sleeping like this since she was a baby.

If it isn't this way, we can't sleep.
*
"Hey Momma Carol." I hugged her. She smiled at me and pointed to the back yard, taking Bella out my arms. Onika must be back there.

Her two friends and Kayla were surrounding her, but I couldn't see. They looked back and then at Onika before walking off into the house. Nicki looked up at them, and then to me.

The look she had reminded me of years ago. When she would cry in her sleep from having bad dreams. She looked torn, tired. All because of me.

I went to say something, but she stood up and started to walk off. "Nika!" I yelled her name. She stopped in her tracks and looked back at me.

Damn I don't know what to say.

"You broke my heart Beyoncé...like all the way." She chocked. I sighed and held my arms out for her.

When she walked into them, I froze. I expected her to walk off or something, i'm glad she hugged me back.

"But I can't seem to leave you alone. Every time I see your face I just want to curl under you and be yours." She whispered. I just rubbed her back because I don't...know what to say.

"I feel dumb for you. You had a baby on me after I gave you my heart. What did I do wrong because I thought I was doing right. I called like you wanted. Everything you preached to me before I left, I did."