Chapter Nine

When I awoke, I was on a metal table, my shirt off (bra on) and a bandage on my shoulder. Peter was sitting in a chair next to me with his head in his hands. He looked up at me and I could see the concern in his eyes. He stood up and leaned down to kiss me softly.

"I thought I'd lost you. Don't ever do that to me again!" he chuckled, smiling through the worry that I could see in his icy-blue eyes.

"I promise I'll try not to," I laughed, wincing as pain shot through my shoulder.

"Pinky promise?" he asked, the worried look returning to his eyes.

"Pinky promise," I said and laughed.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this moment, but Peter, there's something that needs to be addressed," Deaton chimed in.

"I know," Peter grimaced.

"What? What's wrong, Peter?"

"You should be dead right now," Deaton spoke with a grim look on his face.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confusion in my eyes.

"You... you lost too much blood, Lilly. You should be dead right now," Peter whispered.

"There's a possibility, a major possibility, that you aren't... human," Deaton chimed in.

"Then... what am I?" I asked.

"I'm not quite sure, but there are a few ways we can find out," Deaton said.

"Will any of the tests hurt her?" Peter asked.

"Possibly."

Peter looked to me, a silent question in his eyes. I nodded my head and we looked back to Deaton.

"Do whatever you can."

A/N Can anyone guess what she is? I'll give you a hint, it hasn't been on the show and it's something seen as heroic. I already have it written so I'll upload it in three days (unless someone guesses correctly before then) and dedicate chapter ten to the person who got it right (if anyone does). Thanks guys!