Chapter 15

I woke up tied to a chair, a gag in my mouth. The room was dark but my eyes quickly adjusted. I could barely make out another person sitting across from me. I struggled against the ropes but pain shot up my leg from my shattered ankle. I yelled out in pain and heard a chuckle from behind me.

"You aren't getting out of those bonds, Lilly," the silky voice said. "I bet you're wondering 'what are they going to do with me?' 'who are they?'" 3 pairs of blood red eyes glowed in the darkness in front of me before a bright light lit up the room, momentarily blinding me. Across from me, my mom sat unconscious, tied up as well. My eyes widened and I struggled again, wincing as my ankle strained against the ropes. Suddenly, I felt a familiar tearing feeling in my shoulders as my wings ripped through the back of my shirt. I could feel my ankle healing and strength and power rippling through me. I felt a sharp prick in my neck and my senses dulled. I felt a familiar electric feeling shoot through my wings. But... that couldn't be! I stilled and slowly looked behind me to see Peter staring stroking my wing while staring at me with a psychotic look in his eyes. I looked at him with pure betrayal, a tear sliding down my cheek.

"Now, Lilly, as you can see, we have full control over your precious boyfriend," he said boyfriend venomously. "He can and will do everything I tell him to do." I heard footsteps approaching me and a presence directly behind me. "He would kill you if we told him to," he chuckled into my ear. Peter stepped out in front of me, a maniacal smirk on his face.