Chapter Three

DISCLAIMER: MTV is the respective owner(s) of Teen Wolf. I am only borrowing their characters for non-profitable entertainment purposes ONLY.

Thank you guys sooo much for the comments! I'm sorry I took so long to update, I had schoolwork and I got sick so yah. This is my first story and I'm happy I got any votes at all! thanks guys! Enjoy!!!

 A/N This an edit! I recently got a new program for writing that has spell check, so the spelling errors will be at a minimum!

Chapter 3.

"Why did you make them leave?" I asked Peter as I looked at the door. Peter was sitting on the floor next to me now.

"So that we could be alone," he replied simply. My heart skipped a beat or two at the words. He smiled that beautiful smile again and I asked, "can you hear that?"

"What, your heart?" I nodded and he continued, "of course I can," he said while smiling broadly.

"Sorry for crying. You must think I'm a baby. It's just, my moms the only family I have left and if she dies, then I will have no-one." Another tear slipped out and before I could wipe it away, Peter reached up and wiped the wetness off my cheek.

"I don't think you're a baby. I understand completely. I too have lost my whole family. Derek is the only person I have left."

"Where is my phone and headphones?" I asked, suddenly remembering I didn't have them around my neck.

"I returned them to your mothers room. Would you like to go see her?" he said, standing up.

"Yah. I wish I had my sweatshirt on, I'm freezing," I said without thinking as I stood up next to him.

"Come here," Peter said as he reached out and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him. My pulse sped up as I allowed him to pull me close to his chest, and I took a deep breath, taking in his scent. His grip on me was firm, but somehow still gentle and I noticed that I was instantly warm when I was in his arms. "Better?" he asked as he looked down at me. I nodded shyly.

"You're so hot," I blurted, without thinking. Peter laughed and looked at me coyly. "I mean - your temperature," I corrected, but it was too late. The damage had already been done.

"It's a werewolf thing."

"I still can't believe you're a werewolf..." I mumbled quietly. Peter chuckled.

"Why's that?" he asked, and I shrugged.

"I don't know, I just, I've loved werewolves all my life but I never actually thought that they were real" I paused. "I expected you to be different I guess."

"Different how?" he asked.

"I don't know... meaner I guess," I replied. He laughed.

"You, my dear, just happen to be a rare exception," he explained.

"You mean... you don't act like this with all the other pretty girls who fawn over you?" I teased. He laughed again and I could swear he even blushed ever so slightly.

"Well to be honest, I haven't had a lot of time for any of these... so called pretty girls you speak of," he replied playfully.

"Why not?"

"I've been in a coma for six years," he replied.

"Really? Wow, that sucks. Can I ask you a question about that?"

"Sure, go ahead," he said while looking at me.

"When you were in the coma, could you here and see everything that was going on around you?"

"Yes, I could, and so can your mother. Here we are," he said as we stopped in front of my mothers room. I hugged him tightly and said, "thank you."

"No problem," he said as he kissed the top of my head.

After a minute we broke apart and I walked into my moms room. She was still laying in the same spot that she was before I left. I felt another pang of sadness as I looked at her.

"I'm back, mom. I wont leave again, I promise."

"You have to leave at some point," I heard Peter say behind me.

"Why? Why do I have to leave?" I replied, not thinking of any reason to leave.

"You need to eat something other than m&ms and energy drinks. And you need to get a few hours of sleep."

"Yah, I guess you're right. But what if she wakes up while I'm gone? I need to be here for her."

"If she wakes and your not here she will understand. Besides you have school in the morning," Peter said and suddenly I wanted to leave with him.

"But, will you stay with me? I mean you don't have to but-" I was cut off by Peter as he put a finger to my lips.

"Of course I will stay with you, but I have to take care of an important matter first. Will you stay here while I do that?"

"Yah of course, just- don't take too long?"

"I wont, my love," he said and got up to leave.

"I'll be back soon. Meanwhile, put your sweatshirt on; it's cold out tonight." he said and walked into the hallway.