Chapter 12

When we got to Stiles' house, Scott and Derek were already there. Stiles' dad was at work so we didn't have to worry about running into him. The second Peter walked through the door, Derek was scowling at him. I sighed and rolled my eyes at him.

"So," Derek spoke, looking to me, "you're an angel?" He raised an eyebrow and looked at me skeptically.

I sighed again and said, "yes and you can all stop looking at me like that."

Derek crossed his arms and Scott leaned against the wall. Stiles was standing next to Derek, as always.

I took my shirt off (bra still on) and rolled my shoulders before releasing my wings as Deaton told me. The others looked at them with awe and Stiles stepped forward. He reached out to touch my wings but Peter growled at him before he could.

"Peter, it's alright," I said, turning to him. I could see the disapproval in his eyes but he backed down.

Stiles looked away from Peter with a confused look and stroked a feather. The touch felt of curiosity, knowledge, and potential power. He walked behind me, observing my full wingspan. I heard him utter "wow" before returning to Derek's side.

"What, are you two together or something?" Derek asked.

"As a matter of fact, we are," Peter stated, a proud smirk on his face.

"Oh, ew, that is so gross in so many ways. He's like twice your age! Do you even know who he is and what he's done?" Stiles spewed.

A growl sounded in the room but instead of Peter, it was me.

"I don't, and frankly I don't care." I saw peter smirk beside me.

"She'll find out soon enough, and when she does, she'll leave him like the dog he is," Derek growled. I saw red and stepped forward to punch him but Peter beat me to it. He pushed Derek to the ground and stood above him, beating him mercilessly.

"Peter!" I saw both Scott and Stiles run to Derek but I was focused on Peter. I yelled his name again but he ignored me. I grabbed his hand in mid swing and pulled him against me, holding him. I could hear his heavy breathing and see his claws. I looked up to see red eyes and fangs. I kissed his neck and his eyes returned to normal, as well as his teeth and fingers. I squeezed him and nuzzled my head into his neck.

"It's alright, Peter. I'm not leaving," I whispered into his chest. His arms winded around my back and he held me closer, kissing my forehead.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice laced with guilt and regret. I curved my wings around his back and encased him in a tight hug.

"It's alright. It's not your fault."

He released me with a kiss and intertwined his hand with mine as we turned back to the boys. Stiles was whispering to Scott and Derek was still on the floor, watching us. Stiles offered Derek his hand and Derek accepted it, almost pulling Stiles over as he stood.

"You alright, Der?" 'Der' nodded his head and Stiles patted his back awkwardly. I wish they would just admit their feeling towards each other, it was starting to get on my nerves. Derek turned to us and gave Peter a dirty look.

"Your little masquerade won't last forever. You will get what you deserve. Loneliness," Derek antagonized. I squeezed Peter's hand in an attempt to keep him calm. Thankfully, it worked and he stayed by my side. He pulled me as he walked out the door, neither of us looking back.