Chapter 4 - Meeting Dylan Chase

Dylan Chase had wavy, sandy-blonde surfer hair that was longer on top and short on the sides and he was clean shaven, with smooth, clear, tanned skin. He was wearing a light grey hoodie that was tight enough to show his arm and shoulder muscles, with the sleeves pushed up and a pair of dark jeans and black tennis shoes. He had broad shoulders, a chiseled jawline, and thick dark eyebrows over his bright green eyes. He smiled down at me, creating a dimple in both of his cheeks and his teeth were so straight and white that it looked like we should be filming a toothpaste commercial.

It was obvious why all the women went so crazy over him. He was even more gorgeous in person than he was in the movies and if my best friend Ellie were there, I'm sure she would've been absolutely freaking out and busting his eardrums with her screams.

Not me. I simply put my hand out and said, "Hi. I'm Brenley Jensen. It's nice to meet you."

He gave me a strange look and laughed a little before shaking my hand and saying, "I'm Dylan Chase. It's nice to meet you too Brenley."

I dropped his hand and then shoved my hands in my pockets, standing there for a few seconds looking around awkwardly, not sure what to do or say next.

"Soooo, ummmm. Do you want to come inside?" he asked, gesturing toward his house behind him. "I can give you a tour."

"Ummm. Yeah, sure. Why not," I shrugged, following him through his front door.

"CUT!" a loud voice shouted and I turned around and saw Scott stomping his way towards us, weaving his way in and out through the people.

"What the hell was that?" he asked, flailing his arms out to the side.

I was confused and looked over at Dylan and he looked just as confused as me, giving me a shrug like he didn't know what the problem was either.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked, looking back at Scott.

He scoffed, looking at me like I had three heads. "Uh, yeah you did something wrong blondie. You're meeting Dylan Chase, TIME magazine's sexiest man alive. His last album went double platinum and he won an Oscar for Pete's sake!" he shouted loudly, clearly very upset.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes, letting out an exhale in frustration before asking me through gritted teeth, "Why in the hell are you acting like you just met your new neighbor or something?"

I heard snickering and I looked around, seeing every crew member staring at me and a few were whispering to each other. I swallowed hard and rubbed the back of my neck.

Scott crossed his arms and tapped his foot, waiting impatiently for an answer. He obviously wanted an explanation for my weird behavior.

"Ummm. Can I talk to you for a minute?" I whispered to Scott. "Alone?"

He rolled his eyes and let out a breath before reluctantly saying, "Fine."

"Take five people!" he shouted.

Dylan looked between me and Scott before walking away without a word and then all the crew members reluctantly walked away too. I heard one grumble something under his breath about wasting time and wanting to get home. They eventually left Scott and I standing there alone. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms, tapping his foot.

"Well?" he asked impatiently.

"The truth is, I've never been into worshiping celebrities. I think they're people just like the rest of us. They just happened to get lucky enough that they get to do something the rest of us don't and they get paid a lot of money for it. That doesn't make them better than the rest of us that didn't get so lucky. Actually, it probably makes them worse."