Chapter 34 - A Solution is Found

Sandra pulled the car to a stop, looking just as confused as I was.

"Do you know that man?" she asked. "Wait a minute. He looks an awful lot like that actor. Oh what's his name? Dylan Chase ......... no it couldn't be," she laughed.

I got out, and stood there with the door open, looking at Dylan for a minute and trying to process the fact that he was really standing there and I wasn't imagining it.

He finally lifted a hand out of his pocket and gave me a weak wave and said, "Hi."

"Dylan? What are you doing here?" I asked, closing my door and walking up to him as he walked towards me.

"I've been talking to Ellie and Spencer and they told me you were planning on going house hunting today."

"They did?" I said hesitantly and he nodded.
"Okay, but that doesn't explain why we're here. What is this place?" I asked, looking around at the beautiful house behind us. "Do you know someone that lives here?"

He shook his head. "No, I've actually been doing some house hunting of my own and I came across this place."

I was so confused, but before I could ask him to explain I heard another car pulling up in the driveway and looked over my shoulder to see a black, Lincoln MKZ pulling up next to Sandra's car. An older man with slicked back silver hair, wearing a nice business suit got out and walked towards Dylan, smiling.

He shook his hand and said, "Hi Dylan. I'm Roger, the one you spoke to over the phone."

"Hi Roger. Thanks for meeting with me on such short notice."

"Oh of course. It's no problem. I'm a big fan. Speaking of which, if I don't come back home with a selfie with you, my kids and grandkids will disown me," he laughed.

"Of course," Dylan said, standing next to him and posing for a picture with a smile.

Roger shoved his phone back in his pocket and said, "Thank you for that. That'll really make their day. So should we get started on the tour then?"

"Yeah, but before we do that, I want to introduce you to Brenley, the one I was telling you about," Dylan said, motioning behind him to where I was standing.

I stepped forward and shook the man's hand, giving him a smile and saying hi even though I was still confused about why we were here, about to tour this house.

Roger handed both of us a white slip of paper and I looked it over. In the top left corner was a little picture of this house and the page was full of information about it.

"This is the home I was telling you about on the phone. I really think it's perfect for what you need. It's new construction and the contractor built it with high-end clients such as yourself in mind that are willing to pay more for quality. It has six bedrooms and six full bathrooms, so there'll be plenty of room for the large family you told me you want to have. I'm telling you, this place would be a DREAM house for kids to grow up in. There's a basketball goal in the driveway, a big wooden castle playset in the backyard, a game room in the basement with an arcade and a pool table, a swimming pool, and a lake right outside your back door that would be perfect for fishing or boating. It also has a horse barn and a large fenced in field that you would've seen on your way in. The horses and all the furniture in the house can be included in the sale of the property for an additional cost. Let me show you guys around," he said with a smile.

Dylan started to follow him but I reached out and grabbed his arm to stop him and said, "Dylan, wait."

He turned to face me and said, "Yeah?"

"What's going on? You're thinking about buying a house here? Since when?" I asked, with scrunched eyebrows.

Dylan looked over and asked Sandra and Roger, "Can we have just a minute?" and they nodded and walked away, leaving the two of us standing there alone.