Chapter 31 - Heartbreak

**** Brenley's Point of View ****

The next day I looked outside my front window at noon and there were several news vans parked across the street. They had camped out there all night, just hoping to catch a glimpse of me or Dylan.

When he pulled up, I rushed outside so he wouldn't have to get out of the car, with my hoodie pulled up over my head and a big pair of dark sunglasses on. They shouted questions at me and snapped pictures as I rushed across the yard and slipped into his passenger seat.

As he started driving down the road, I took off the sunglasses and pulled my hoodie down, letting out an exhale.

"This is crazy. I feel like I'm living in some kind of alternate universe. There's no way this is my life," I sighed, shaking my head.

He looked over and slipped his hand into mine, giving me a smile as he gripped the top of the steering wheel with his other hand.

"I know how you feel. When I first became famous it was overwhelming for a while, until I got used to it."

I nodded, but I wasn't sure if I would ever get used to it.

"So where are we going?"

"I figured we could go back to my hotel room and talk. That's the only place where we'll have any privacy."

I was kind of nervous about being in his hotel room with him alone because I wasn't sure if I could stay strong and resist him. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I even wanted to. For the last couple months I had been fantasizing about sleeping with him again and my body longed for him, more than I cared to admit.

He looked over into my eyes, giving me a smile before looking back at the road as he took an exit, heading downtown. He pulled into the parking garage of his hotel and parked in a spot, shutting the engine off before slipping on a baseball hat and sunglasses.

"I think we lost the paparazzi and no one knows I'm staying at this hotel because I checked in under a fake name. Hopefully no one will bother us," he said before getting out.

I slipped my sunglasses back on and pulled up my hoodie as he came around and opened my door, slipping his hand into mine and helping me out.

He held my hand, leading the way across the parking garage and into the deserted hotel lobby through a revolving door, where the person behind the desk greeted us and he just gave them a head nod. We walked in silence towards the elevator with our heads down, and in that moment I understood what he meant about fame being isolating and lonely. It felt like we were having to hide away from the world. What a miserable way to have to live.

I suddenly understood why celebrities made their houses so enormous and filled them with bowling alleys, movie theaters, basketball courts, ice skating rinks and swimming pools. They made sure they had everything they needed at home so they'd never have to leave their house. Their homes were their oasis away from the outside world, the only safe place where they could feel completely relaxed.

We rode a glass elevator that was overlooking a large atrium up to the top floor and went to the very end of the hall where his suite was. When we got inside, he shut and locked the door behind us and threw his baseball hat and sunglasses down onto the table and let out an exhale. I took my hoodie and sunglasses off too, standing there in my black spaghetti strap tank top and jeans, looking around at the fancy room.

I turned back around and to my surprise he was standing right in front of me, so close I could smell his cologne and my heart started to beat faster.

I slowly lifted my eyes to look up into his and my stomach tied up into knots as I swallowed hard. I wanted to tell him that we were supposed to be there to talk, but in that moment my brain completely shut off.