Chapter 32 - Graduation

**Brenley's Point of View - One Week Later **

As I walked across the stage in the auditorium and got my College diploma from the Dean, I put on a forced smile for the pictures. This was something I had worked so hard for, for four long years, so I thought I would feel happier about it.

I heard my Dad, Ellie, her brother Spencer, and Dave cheering loudly in the background. I couldn't help but think about the fact that I wished Dylan was there with them. I hadn't talked to him since our conversation a week ago.

As I walked off the stage, there were photographers and news reporters off to the side taking my picture and I knew they weren't with the school because they didn't take pictures of anyone else. They were there because of me and the fact that they thought I was dating Dylan Chase.

They had been camped outside my house every day and they followed me to and from work. Ellie always felt the need to text me a link to every single TMZ story that was written about me and Dylan, and there were quite a few. They had interviewed a girl I hated back in high school and she told them I was poor and was just after Dylan Chase's money. She lied and told them I tried to steal her boyfriend back then and cheated off of her tests, which was funny because she was actually the one that did both of those things to me.

My ex-boyfriend Caden did an exclusive tell-all interview with them where he bragged about being my first boyfriend, taking me to Prom and even about taking my virginity. I had never been so embarrassed, knowing my Dad and grandparents were going to see that. He shared all kinds of pictures of us together from high school and most of them made me cringe.

The reporters were even harassing my Dad at the library and he was afraid he was going to lose his job over it. Somehow they got my cell phone number and Good Morning America called asking to do an exclusive interview with me and they offered to pay twenty thousand dollars. Even though I really could've used that money, I turned them down. I didn't want to break Dylan's trust like so many other people had, and I was ready for all of this to blow over and for people to forget who I was.

I was really getting tired of the stares and whispers everywhere I went and I had even had a few people ask for my autograph, which felt really strange. If I was going through all of that to be with Dylan it would've been worth it, but I had to go through all of it without him.

After the graduation ceremony was over my Dad took some pictures of me with my friends before asking, "How about you let me take you out to dinner to celebrate? My treat."

We never went out to eat, so for him that was a big deal.

I gave him a weak smile and said, "Sure Pop. That would be nice."

**** One Hour Later ****

I looked around at the fancy Italian restaurant we had just walked into and said, "When you said you wanted to take me out to eat, I was thinking Olive Garden or Red Lobster maybe. Not a place like this. Are you sure you can afford it?"

He gave me a smile and said, "Yeah I'm sure. I've actually been saving up for this day."

The hostess greeted us before leading us over to a two person table all the way in the back, handing us some menus before walking away. I unfolded my cloth napkin and laid it in my lap before picking up the menu and looking it over. At least it was in English.

When she came back I ordered the lasagna and breadsticks with a side salad and my Dad ordered the same, saying it sounded good, handing her back the menus before she walked away.

"This place is nice huh?" he asked and I nodded with a smile. "Probably not as fancy as the restaurants Dylan Chase took you to, but I thought it'd be a nice surprise."