Chapter 35 - Epilogue

We had a short engagement because I wanted us to be married before we moved in together and we both decided we wanted to start trying for a baby right away. I insisted that we sign a pre-nup but Dylan refused. He said that would be setting our marriage up for failure right from the start. I reluctantly caved, even though I didn't want anyone thinking I was marrying him for his money.

We kept the wedding really small with only very close friends and family invited because we wanted to keep it a secret from the paparazzi. We ended up getting married in the gazebo beside the lake at our new house with a view of the horses running by in the background. It was perfect.

Dylan surprised me with a honeymoon to Hawaii and it was the best two weeks of my life. We swam in the ocean, he taught me how to surf, laid out on a white sandy beach sipping pina coladas, rode jet skis, hiked up a mountain and zip-lined down from the top of it, and made love under a waterfall.

We went to a luau where the food was amazing and they pulled me and Dylan up on stage and taught us how to hula. We went deep sea fishing, swam with dolphins, and went snorkeling in a coral reef where we saw stingrays. Not to mention the mind-blowing sex we had multiple times a day at our rental house that was right on the beach.

It was the perfect vacation and Dylan was a great travel partner because he was fun and adventurous and made me excited to wake up every day to find out what we were gonna do next.

That one vacation was so amazing, it made up for all the vacations I never got to go on growing up. On that trip I learned to love travelling as much as my parents had and it made me want to get out and see the world and look forward to taking more trips with him in the future.

For our two month anniversary, Dylan surprised me  by buying me the Campus Perks coffee shop so I could be in charge and implement all the ideas I had to make it even better. I kept Dave on as the manager and told him he could have some input into how the place was run too. After he had gotten to know Dylan, he had come around and became really supportive of our relationship and he apologized for the way he had acted before. Him and Dylan actually became really good friends, even though they couldn't have been more different.

I had wanted get all of the ideas I had for the coffee shop implemented right away, but not too long after we bought it I started feeling really run down and tired all the time. It was so bad I had to start leaving work early every day. I wasn't sleeping very well and was getting sick every morning, so I finally caved in and went to see a doctor.

Just like Dylan predicted, I found out I was pregnant and the doctor said I was two months along and that we probably conceived right around our wedding night. We were really excited about the baby and so were our families when we told them. This was going to be the first grandbaby for both of our families.

Soon after that, Ellie confessed to me that the night of our wedding she had gotten really trashed and woke up the next morning in bed with Dave, completely naked. Apparently they had been too drunk to use protection, because she found out soon after that that she was pregnant too.

Our due dates were within a couple days of each other. As they started spending a lot of time together, going to doctor's appointments and getting everything ready for the baby, they ended up getting closer and eventually fell in love. Dave proposed when she was three months pregnant and they got married when she was six months pregnant. I was her maid of Honor and Dylan was his best man.

They ended up having a little girl they named Savannah and me and Dylan had a little boy we named Tucker. Tucker and Savannah were born only a week apart and of course they grew up as best friends.

Tucker wasn't our only baby. We ended up having three little boys and two little girls, getting the big family we both wanted. We helped my Dad out so that he was able to retire early and he spent a lot of time over at our house with the kids, reading to them when they were babies and teaching them how to play chess and paint when they got older. He was very involved in their lives and seeing him so happy, surrounded by his grandchildren, warmed my heart.

It became a tradition that Dylan's entire family came to stay at our house for a week a couple times a year, usually at Christmas and the Fourth of July. It started out as just his siblings and parents, but eventually his siblings got married and they brought their spouses and eventually they had kids too.

We built a large guest house out by our lake so there would be plenty of room for everyone to stay. I didn't mind at all. I was happy to finally have the busy, bustling house I had always wanted. Our kids went to school in Iowa but we spent our summers at the beach house in Malibu.

It was really important to both me and Dylan that our kids have as normal of a life as possible and that they learn the value of a dollar and how to work hard for what they wanted. We gave them chores and as they got older they were able to start earning money instead of having it handed to them. Any time they started acting too spoiled or entitled, I just invited Dylan's parents to stay for a week and they straightened them right up.

Dylan kept his promise to only shoot two movies a year so he wouldn't be away from home too long and he only accepted roles that didn't require kissing or sex scenes, even though the studio put a lot of pressure on him to change his mind. He refused to budge on it. He took on roles in action movies where he got to play a super hero, a homicide detective, a CIA operative, and a Mob boss and they were all really successful at the box office.

Dylan was a great actor, but he was also a really good Dad and husband and he hated being away from me and the kids for too long. Any time he wasn't shooting, he would be back in Iowa spending time with us. Sometimes he flew us out to the locations where his movies were shooting because he missed us too much. The kids loved spending time on the set with him and getting to see how movies were made, but he always shielded them from the people and places in Hollywood that could be a bad influence on them.

Our whole family always flew out to L.A. to go to Dylan's movie premieres with him, but we avoided the after parties that were full of drugs and people looking for random hook ups, even if the person was married. We also stayed away from the paparazzi and kept our names out of the headlines as much as we could.

We avoided the celebrity hotspots where paparazzi were likely to be and tried to keep the kids away from all that.

In the end, I was able to run my own coffee shop and have the large family I had always wanted, raising my kids in Iowa without having to give up the man I loved to do it. I experienced true love with the most unlikely person in the world, a huge movie star, but the man I just knew as my husband and my best friend.

        *********** THE END *************

Thank you so much for reading! Please Vote and comment what you thought of Dylan and Brenley's love story. Any feedback is appreciated, good or bad. And thank you again so, so much for reading!  😘