Chapter 28 - Surprise Visitor

***** Brenley's Point of View *****

"Here's your coffee Jerry. That'll be three twenty five," I said, handing it to him with a smile. He was a professor at the college that was one of my regulars.

He handed me a five dollar bill and smiled, saying, "Keep the change Brenley."

"Thank you!" I called out after him, giving him a wave as he headed out the door before putting $3.25 in the drawer and shoving the rest into the tip jar. I wiped my hands on my apron before checking the cabinets to make sure our supplies were all stocked up for the evening rush.

I heard the ding of the door bell and there was suddenly a lot of commotion and gasps.

I turned around and was shocked to see Dylan Chase standing in the middle of my little coffee shop in Iowa.

I gasped and felt my heart skip a beat as my mouth fell open in shock. I had no idea he was coming for a visit. I dropped the towel I was holding and rushed around the counter, past the tables of customers and threw myself into his arms, hugging him around the neck tightly. I couldn't believe he was really there and that he had come all the way to Iowa to see me.

I held him for a long time, afraid if I let go I would find out I was hugging some stranger that I only imagined was him. I finally stepped back and looked up at him, feeling relieved to see that it really was Dylan. He was even more gorgeous in person than I remembered, and it felt like it had been forever since I had looked up into those bright green eyes. Facetime didn't do them justice.

"I can't believe you're really here," I said, looking him up and down before shaking my head in disbelief.

"I heard this place makes really good coffee, so I had to come see for myself," he teased, with a smile.

"You're such an idiot," I laughed, smacking his chest and rolling my eyes.

I pulled him into another hug, taking a deep breath in and smelling the scent of his expensive cologne and laundry detergent.

I let out a sigh, saying, "Man it feels good to hug you again."

"That's what I was just thinking," he whispered  softly against my hair. He pulled back from the hug and looked down into my eyes, his smile slowly fading away before he said, "Now that my movie wrapped, I had to come see you. Talking to you over Facetime just isn't the same as seeing you in person."

He slowly lifted a hand and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and feeling his touch again sent a shiver across my skin, giving me goosebumps. "I wanted to come here and surprise you. I hope that's okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded with a smile. "It's more than okay. I'm really glad you're here," I told him, but then I looked around at the busy coffee shop. "But I'm working for a few more hours and I can't leave Dave alone when we're this packed. He'd kill me."

"Oh, well maybe I could stay and help," Dylan said, looking around. "I really don't feel like going back to the hotel and sitting there alone. I'd rather be here hanging out with you, even if that means working for free."

"Ummmm. Well, I'm sure Dave won't have a problem with that. I mean, imagine the tips we'd get with Dylan Chase behind the counter," I laughed.

"Not if I'm the one making the coffee. Then all you'd be getting is complaints," he teased and I laughed, turning and leading the way over to Dave who was behind the counter putting away some coffee mugs.

"Hey Dave. We have someone that wants to help us out today for free."

"Who?" he asked, turning to face me.