Chapter 23 - The Long Break

***** Brenley's Point of View *****

I stood outside Dylan's trailer, trying to look nonchalant, but failing miserably. I obviously didn't have a future as a spy. I walked past it, looking at his trailer door out of the corner of my eye and then looked around the back to see if there was a second door. I was relieved to see that there was.

"What are you doing?" a voice asked from behind me and I gasped and almost jumped out of my skin.

I turned around and saw that it was the red headed extra from earlier standing behind me.

"Geez! You about scared me to death!" I said, clutching my heart. "I ummm. I saw some kind of animal run under this trailer and I was trying to figure out what it was. I didn't know if it was dangerous," I lied, probably very badly. I always was a horrible liar.

"Oh, well I'll help you look," she said, and when her back was turned I rolled my eyes and let out a breath. This was not going how I had hoped at all. We were both crouched down, looking under the trailer with our butts in the air when I heard a voice behind us.

"Ummmm. Is there a problem with my trailer?"

I jumped, hitting the back of my head on the bottom of the trailer and then I turned and looked behind me to see Dylan standing there with his arms crossed, looking amused.

I stood up and dusted myself off, rubbing the back of my head and the redhead stood up too. She stood there with her jaw hanging open, staring at Dylan in awe, unable to speak.

I cleared my throat and said, "I ummm. I saw an animal run under your trailer so we were checking it out, but it looks like it's all clear now. You should be safe."

"Right. Thank you," he nodded. Then he looked at the redhead and said, "Sorry I didn't catch your name."

Her eyes bulged and she swallowed hard. "It's ummmm. It's Kate."

"Oh, wait. You're the one they're looking for. I heard a woman over by the Kraft food table say they were searching for an extra named Kate, something about a wardrobe change. Maybe you should go check it out."

She nodded without speaking, still standing there and looking at him like a deer caught in headlights.
She started walking away extremely slowly while looking back at him.

"Bye," he said, waving his hand. When he saw that she kept being really slow to leave, he said, "I think it was pretty urgent. You better hurry."

That finally snapped her out of it and she nodded, saying, "Okay," and then turned around and hurried off.

He let out a deep exhale. "I thought she'd never leave."

Then he looked around to make sure the coast was clear before grabbing my hand and leading the way up the stairs and into his trailer, locking the door behind us.

He grabbed my waist, pulling me against him and covering my mouth with his, kissing me desperately. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him back. Then he pulled away and looked down.

"Are you done with this costume?"

"No, they told me I have to wear it again later."

"Damn. I wanted to rip it off of you. We don't have very much time," he said, as he unbuttoned my shirt and pulled it up out of my skirt before tossing it.

"You can't mess my hair up either," I told him, pulling away from his kiss just long enough to get those words out.

"Hmmm. I guess I can't yank on it this time then," he pouted and it was so cute that I smiled before kissing him again, pulling his shirt up and over his head to reveal his six pack. He lifted me up onto the kitchen table in front of him and I wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him deeply as I rubbed my hand against the growing bulge in the front of his pants.