Chapter 13 - Movie Premiere Continued

***** Brenley's Point of View *****

"And your date is absolutely stunning. Who is she?" the reporter asked Dylan and my stomach sank. The last thing I wanted was to get dragged into an interview that was being live-streamed all over the world. That was literally my worst nightmare.

My heart started beating faster and I held my breath, looking at Dylan with pleading eyes, waiting to see what he was going to say.

He looked at me, giving me a nod of his head and then he turned back to the reporter and said, "You're right. She is absolutely stunning, but unfortunately she's also a little camera shy. How about we talk about the movie? I know you got to do a pre-screening. What did you think of it?" he asked her, changing the subject.

The reporter went right into talking about his movie, forgetting all about me. I exhaled out the breath I had been holding in, feeling relieved. I was going to have to thank him for that later.

I stepped off to the side as I waited for Dylan to do several more interviews, some alongside his co-stars and some by himself. Then the main cast posed for pictures for a while before Dylan and the female lead took a few with just the two of them. I knew she was a really famous actress, but for the life of me I couldn't think of her name.

She was drop dead gorgeous, the kind of woman that turned every head when she walked into a room and immediately drew everyone's eyes to her. She was 5'9, half-hispanic, half caucasian with an hourglass figure and long, stick straight black hair that was very shiny and smooth. She had delicate, feminine facial features, strong arched eyebrows and pouty lips like Angelina Jolie. Her smooth, lightly tanned skin complimented the cherry red dress she was wearing that was so tight and form-fitting that it looked like it had been painted on.

She was wearing matching cherry red heels and lipstick and she swayed her hips seductively when she walked, with her shoulders back and her large chest popped out, smiling and making direct eye contact with the people around her. She carried an air of confidence and Hollywood glamour about her that was very intimidating to a small-town, Iowa girl like me. I had felt pretty at the beginning of the night, but after seeing her, I felt like a toad. Seeing her clinging onto Dylan's arm and smiling up at him made me suddenly feel a pang of jealousy for some reason, which confused me.

When they finished taking pictures I noticed Dylan looking around the crowd, searching for someone. When his eyes landed on me, he smiled and then leaned down and whispered something in his co-star's ear, pointing in my direction. The next thing I knew, both of them were walking my way.

When they reached me, Dylan smiled and said, "Rose I want you to meet Brenley. Brenley this is Rose Davenport."

As soon as he said the name, it instantly clicked and I couldn't believe I had forgotten. It was a household name that everyone else in the country would have known but me. If Ellie were here she would definitely be making fun of me for that.

"Of course. I know who she is," I smiled, holding my hand out. "It's really nice to meet you Rose."

It wasn't completely a lie. I had recognized her. I just hadn't remembered her name. Famous people don't take it well when people don't know who they are, so I didn't want to offend her by confessing I had forgotten her name.

Rose gave me a weak smile that looked forced, shaking my hand with a loose grip before saying half-heartedly, "Yeah, It's nice to meet you too."

The look on her face and her body language told me that was a lie. I got the distinct feeling she didn't like me for some reason.

There was a moment of tense awkward silence between us. "Oh! That reminds me," she said suddenly, turning her back to me and facing Dylan as she told him a story, blocking me out. I could take a hint and it was obvious my presence wasn't wanted, so I took a few steps backwards and slipped away.