Chapter 33 - Buying a House

** Brenley's Point of View - One Week Later **

I woke up at Ellie's house feeling like shit from drinking way too much the night before. I had been moping around all week, feeling depressed and sorry for myself so she decided to take me out last night to cheer me up.

Taking me out dancing at a club and getting me wasted was her big idea to cheer me up but unfortunately, not even alcohol could make me forget. All it did was give me a raging migraine and I still felt heartbroken.

Even though I knew it was the right thing to do, rejecting Dylan again had felt so wrong in every possible way, and the doubts about whether I had done the right thing were killing me.

There was a knock at the bedroom door that made my headache even worse and I groaned, "Come in."

When the door opened, I looked up to see Ellie's twin brother Spencer standing there wearing a pair of green plaid pajama pants and a white over-sized t-shirt, eating a bowl of cereal with his red hair tousled with bedhead.

He walked in and plopped down onto the bed next to me and said, "Good morning Sunshine," with his mouth full of cereal.

"There's nothing good about this morning Spencer," I grumbled.

"Yes there is. I'm here," he teased, shooting me a smile.

"Are you sure that doesn't make the morning even worse?" I asked, laughing at the fake hurt look on his face.

"I will have you know, MANY women have told me that waking up to my face was the best part of their day."

"Man. The rest of their day must have been really shitty, if THAT was the best part," I said, laughing as Spencer picked up a pillow and smacked me in the face with it.

"I'm teasing Spencer. You know I love you," I laughed. "But for real. Get your annoying ass out of here and let me get back to sleep."

"Actually, I came up here for a reason."

"You mean, other than to annoy me?" I asked, closing my eyes and covering my face with a pillow.

"Yes," he said, pulling the pillow away from me. "I actually came up here to remind you that you've got an appointment with the real estate agent to look at houses today. Ellie told me to remind you."

"Ugh, I totally forgot about that?" I groaned. "Maybe I should just reschedule. I feel like shit."

"No, you can't reschedule. That would be rude. That lady blocked out her whole day for you. Now get up. You're supposed to be there in thirty minutes."

I ran my hands over my messy hair and looked down at the rumpled pajamas I was wearing.  "I have to get cleaned up really quick first. I'm a mess."

"Try to make yourself look nice," he told me.

"Why?" I laughed. "I'm just meeting a real estate agent and she's like fifty."

He shrugged. "Eh, you never know who you'll run into. Better to be prepared."

"I highly doubt I'm gonna run into some hot single guy while I'm out looking at houses," I laughed, getting out of bed and walking into Ellie's walk-in closet to change.

I rummaged around in my bag and picked out some high-waisted jeans and a crop top sweatshirt, putting them on before heading into her connected bathroom. I quickly washed last night's makeup off and put some new on before brushing through my long blonde hair and taming the frizz with some smoothing creme.

"Make sure you brush your teeth too slim. No one wants to smell THAT breath," Spencer said, waving a hand in front of his face and wrinkling up his nose.