Chapter 6, Part 4: A little Bit of Happiness

(Dipper's POV:)

-Time skip to Friday afternoon-

I walked up my front porch and reached the front door. I took off my backpack from my shoulders and opened the front pocket for the key. I grabbed the key and unlocked my front door. I walked in and shut the door behind me. I threw my bag in the front closet then walked to the kitchen. I grabbed a can of Pit Cola and ran upstairs to my room. I turned on my T.v then jumped back first on to my bed. I slipped into my pocket and grabbed my phone then looked at the time, 3:05.I unlocked my phone and started to go on it. I opened up Snapchat and started to go through all my stories. Theses people are so stupid. I rolled my eyes and clicked the power button on my phone. I turned facing the T.v then started to shut my eyes, hoping I would get 10 minutes of rest.

-Ding Ding-

I opened my eyes and yawned slowly.

-Ding Ding-

I sighed and grabbed my phone which was on the other side of the bed

-Ding Ding-

I looked down to see who it was and I smiled because she didn't forget about me.

-Phone call-

D; Hey!

M; Hey, cutie!

D; I'm surprised you didn't forget about me.

M; How could I ever forget about you?

She did a little cute chuckle and it made me smile.

D; Good question.

M; Am I coming over?

D; Yeah, if you want it doesn't matter to me.

M; Yeah, I'll come over, we went to my house last time so.

D; Okay, cool!

M; Okie! I'll be over in 15! Bye!

I looked at my alarm clock and it was 4:02. I slept for an hour.

D; See you soon!

-Call ends-.

I was actually really excited to see Makayla. To be honest, I kinda missed her. I sprung up from my bed and then I quickly made it. I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and peed. I went back to my room and slid on my hat that was right above my pillow. As I was sliding it on a heard a knock on the door and I smiled to myself. I rushed out of my room, down the stairs, then stopped at the front door. I fixed my hat and then opened the door in a fast manor.

"Hey." She said, sounding out of breath and standing in the door way outside.

"H-Hi." I said back blushing like crazy, and just standing in the door way, looking like an idiot.

"Can I come in?" She said smiling and being all dorky because she knew my heart was pounding, I could tell.

"O-Obviously." I moved out of the door way and she walked in then I shut the door for her. She turned to me and I looked her dead in the eyes. She smiled and I smiled back. She took her eyes off of me for a split second and when she did I pulled her close and gave her a big hug.

"I missed you a lot, even though we kinda just saw each other at school. Sorry, I know I'm awkward." She laughed as her head was in my chest and then she backed up a bit, but she was still in my arms. She looked up at me with her deep brown eyes and smiled.

"No, no. You're not awkward at all. I-Uh, I missed you too, Dipper. I totally get how you feel right now." I smiled and laughed in relief and so did she.

"I have something I wanna talk to you about, Makayla."

"Yeah, of course. You can tell me anything." I grabbed her hand and walked us over to the couch and sat down. I held her hand on top of our knees because our bodies are facing each other and shes sitting on one of her legs. She looked at me with that same, beautiful look as always.

"What is it, Dipper?"

"Listen. I know we've only known each other for 2 weeks now, but we've met basically about a week ago, but it feels like it's been so much longer. For the past couple of days I've felt really close to you, and I haven't felt like that with anyone for a while now." I was obviously lying about that part, it made me feel awful but I didn't really know what to say. I felt a knot in my stomach.

"You already mean so much to me, and I'd love to make that so much more stronger, and I know we can, if you want to as much as I do. I know I'm not in a good spot at all right now, but I can make you happy, I promise you. I don't even care about mine. If throwing myself off of a bridge would make you smile, I would do it."

"I would never want you to-"

"Shhh. Please let me finish, I'm on a roll here. Anyways, you're one of the most nicest, gorgeous, calm, and just over all perfect person I know. You make me really happy, and I just want to return the favor. Makayla Baker, will you be my girlfriend?" She smiled with the hugest smile I've seen in a long time and she pressed her lips against mine. Her soft, warm, and gentle lips moved with mine. She started to smile again and let go.

"Of course I will, Dipper. Nothing would make me more happier than to be with one of the smartest and strongest, mentally and physically, guys." She laughed and I smirked and kissed her cheek. This was one of the most happiest moments I have had since Mabel and I kissed for the first time. God, I really do miss Mabel.