Chapter 8, Part 1: What?

(Dipper's POV:)

-11:27 a.m-

I lied in my bed, thinking about what this boring day would bring me. I have no plans today. Makayla had plans with Harmoney, so that was out of question. That's when the idea hit me like a brick, I'll chill with Mabel today. I miss our sibling bond time, and just being around her all the time. I don't even know what happened between us. I leaped out of my bed and made my way to Mabel's room. I knocked on her door then opened it, she was laying down with her phone raised over her little pale face.

"Hey, Dipper, what's up?" She said as she turned her head and made a smile at me.

"Hey. Wanna hang today? Play some Super Smash Bros?" I said as I sat on the edge of her bed.

"Awh, Dip. I would love too, but I have plans." My big smile turned into a frown.

"Oh, okay. That's cool, whatever. Pfft."

"Are you sure? You were invited to hang out, actually. I forgot to ask you."

"Really? With who?"

"Sebastian, Harmoney, Samantha, Makayla, and Some kid named Isaac."

"Who is Isaac? And when did this get planned?"

"The whole thing got planned so that I could meet Isaac, but not feel weird about being with him alone, because you know, it would be weird meeting him."

"Wait, Wait, Wait. I'm lost here. What is the whole reason on you meeting him anyways?"

"Well, prom is coming up soo-"

"Mabel, prom is in like 8 months. Stop worrying about guys. Is some one making you do this?" I said cutting her off.

"I don't wanna go to prom with some random person at the last minute, I want it to mean something, you know? I've never had a real boyfriend before, its time I grow up. And by the way, no one is making me do this, Harmoney suggested it."

"I knew she was a bad influence on you from the start."

"Dipper, what in the world are you talking about? 'Bad influence'? How? How is she being one? And how is me wanting to find someone a 'bad influence'? Why are you freaking out? Where almost 16. You've grown up, why can't I?" My heart started to beat faster, I didn't know what to say with out making it obvious that I have feelings for her.

"Because, that's not who you are. You used to say how you didn't need guys."

"You're right. That's not me. I'm all done with the little girl crushes. I'm growing up, accept it."

"I don't even know who you are anymore."

"I'm still Mabel. I'm just trying to grow up a little."

"Mabel never wanted to grow up."

"Okay, Dipper. I get it, I'm being different. I'm sorry, but this is my life. I know you don't like change."

"I swear to God if this is about you trying to fit in, I'll freak." She sighed and just went in to my arms, I was so confused.

"Can we just drop this subject. I'm sorry if me wanting a boy upsets you for some reason, but I don't wanna fight anymore." She hugged me even tighter.

"I'm sorry for over reacting Mabel, you're right. Lets just stop." She lifted up her head wicked fast and then stopped hugging me.

"I KNOW WHY YOU OVER REACTED!" My heart dropped to my stomach. Does she remember? Did she figure things out? What do I do? How do I respond? I felt like throwing up.