Chapter 7, Part 1: Numb

(Dipper's POV:)

-Time Skip to 10 a.m Monday-

I slowly walked into history and took a seat in the back of the room. My eyes watched the door as more students came in. My really good friend, Sebastian, walked in and he waved at me then took the seat to my left.

"Hey, Dipper. How are you doing, man? You know I've been really busy with football." It was always the same excuse, people are always 'busy'.

"I'm doing okay."

"I heard about you and Makayla. You guys are like the school gossip of the week.

"Yeah, I know. It's pretty annoying to be honest. You know I'm not like into popularity, and that I like to keep to myself."

"Yeah bro, I get you."

"But, yeah. I'm doing okay and Makayla and I are indeed a thing now."

"Alright everyone. Can I have your Attention please?" Mr.Donaldson ended our conversation. I turned my head to him and acted like I was listening.

"Today we're going to be learning about the Civil War." I rolled my eyes and did a sigh along with everyone else in the class room. I slipped down my seat and put my head back. He started to go on and on about how it all started and who started it and blah, blah, blah. All of the sudden, the phone rang. Everyone looked at him like the call was for them, then he made eye contact with me and hung up the phone.

"Dipper Pines, you're being dismissed." My heart skipped a beat because I knew I didn't have any reasons to be dismissed today. Everyone looked at me and I just packed up my things, waved to Sebastian then left. I walked down the empty hallways and I still could hear Mr.Donaldson's voice going on about the war. I reached the front office and I saw my mom standing there.

"What is it? What's going on?" I said in a nervous tone.

"It's Mabel." My heart dropped.

"What? What is wrong with her?"

"I don't know. They called me and asked for me to come in, they haven't told me anything."

"Why haven't they?"

"I don't know, and we're going to find out. Your dad couldn't get out of work." We left the school and made our way to the hospital, which was close by. I sat with my head tilted back and eyes closed. I was praying, and I don't even believe in God. The car stopped and I opened my eyes. My mom opened her door and I undid my seat belt then got out. I made my way behind her, she was rushing.

"Mabel Pines."

"Room 331." My mom nodded and we made our way to her room. I tried to look into Mabel's room but for some reason the blind's were shut. The doctor was waiting outside the door and for some reason he had a smile on his face.

"Hello, Mrs. Pines. I have some news for you."

"Good morning, Doctor. That's why I came." He chuckled a little and I just gave him a look.

"Go in her room and see yourself." By that moment I was just so confused. What kind of sick game is this man playing? My mom nodded and slowly turned the metal handle. I walked in behind her with my head down. My mom gasped and dropped her purse. I lifted my head up as fast as I could, almost snapping my neck.

"Mabel!" I ran over to her then coughed from remembering every little thing that went on. Her eyes are open, she is awake. My heart is beating like a snare drum.

"Dipper! Mom!" Mabel said in a tired voice. I started to tear up in joy.

"You're okay! You're awake!" I said as my mom and I were hugging her. Mabel just smiled. The doctor walked in with a smile on his face.

"I'm sorry to break up your reunion, but if you wanna get her out of here we're going to need you to sign some more papers."

"Of course." My mom followed him out of the room and I sat on the hospital bed with Mabel.

"How are you feeling?

"Hungry." She said laughing and I smiled.

"God Mabel. You scared me half to death."

"I'm sorry, Dip. How Did this even happen? I can't remember anything. The last thing I remember is leaving Gravity Falls."

"It's a very, very long story. Let's just say you fell."

"Sounds good to me."

"Mabel."

"Yeah?"

"I'm so glad you're okay. I missed you a lot."

"Whoa, bro-bro, how long have a been asleep for? You're acting like I've been sleeping for months, was I?"

"No. But it sure feels like it."