One

Virat grinning cut his call with Anushka

She was joining them for the series and he couldn't be more happy.

He met her in one of the TV commercials he did and sparks flew.

He had been dating her for 2 years now and she has bought a significant change in his life, in a good way course.

She kept his feet down to earth, she calmed him down, helped him keep his anger and aggressiveness in control and succoured him become a better version of himself.

And Virat could only be more grateful that he decided to do that commercial, because he got to meet his gorgeous girlfriend both in and out.

His team loved Anushka as well, though Rohit was a bit skeptical about her seeing she belonged to the entertainment industry but once he met her on coffee, he instantly gave his approval and now she and Rohit teamed against him as Sharma siblings.

Virat had often ranted on how he needed a partner in crime as well but Rohit always ran away from women.

Virat sighed as he realised, if this continues, Rohit is going to die single.

Rohit got up late in the morning, ran to the practice, after that watched TV or slept or ate. That was his life in 19 words.

How boring.

[author: Don't come out to me like that Virat]

He needed to do something to fill some colours of love in Rohit's life because Rohit wasn't doing anything.

He was 27 and it was the perfect age to settle down, Virat had found the person he wanted to come home to and he wanted Rohit to find his forever as well.

"skipper", wailed Harry as he entered the room with Rahul not much behind, ignoring him completely.

Virat looked at the two, though complete opposites, just like him and Rohit, they complimented each other so well.

"what is wrong?", Virat asked he settled on the couch.

"Rahul said my jacket is absurd. Tell him it's stunning", wailed Hardik.

Virat looked at the shinny disco jacket in Hardik's hand with neon green and neon pink stamp prints on it. He closed his eyes regarding how much shinny and blinky it was. The loudness of the jacket made him cringe internally.

To settle the matter, among them Virat decided to play the mediator.

"it is indeed very loud", started Virat.

Hardik looked at him with the most betrayed look while Rahul's lips curved up in a smirk.

"but I'm sure you can pull it off", completed Virat.

Hardik whooped in the air passing a mocking look at Rahul while Rahul looked at Virat in disbelief.

"thank you captain", Hardik promptly jumped on him taking him down with him.

He dragged Rahul out of the room now boasting while Rahul still muttering against it.

Virat looked at the duo and shook his head affectionately.

He then decided to check up on his best friend.

Rohit's room was as always open and he was leisurely laid on the bed, eating some popcorn while watching a film on the television.

Virat rolled his eyes and looked at the television as he frowned, "what is this film?"

"it's a bhojpuri film", replied Rohit without looking up from the screen.

"when did you start watching bhojpuri film?", Virat asked again as he settled on the bed.

"tv par aur kuch nhi aa raha tha", answered Rohit as he slapped Virat's hand who was sneakily trying to steal from his tub.

(there wasn't anything else to watch)

Virat pouted as he rubbed his now bruised hand.

Virat decided that he needed to have this talk with him so clearing his throat, he continued, "so Rohit what are you doing this Saturday?"

Rohit paused for a second and then replied, " nothing important of any sort. Why, wassup?"

Virat's shoulder slumped in disappointed even though he saw that coming.

"what are you doing? Date with  Anushka?", teased Rohit.

Virat's face morphed in a dreamy smile, Rohit also couldn't help but smile at his love sick friend.

Love did change people and who knew it better than himself;-)

❁❁❁