Three

"she's working as a CA in Hyderabad", Bhuvi read the bio for the girl they just got Rohit matched with

Virat looked at him approvingly.

"but doesn't like animals especially dogs", frowned Bhuvi.

Virat threw his head back in frustration, everyone they got matched with didn't like something Rohit was very fond of like the last time, the girl didn't like beaches, like seriously who in the world doesn't like beaches.

"if this goes on, I bet Rohit is going to die single", muttered Virat annoyed.

Mahi bhai shook his head smiling slightly as he continued reading his magazine.

Love didn't happen by forcing someone to get in a relationship, it took it's own little sweet time as it blossomed slowly.

Everyone was hoping for it to work out but he knew better.

"I think we should give it a rest", Jinks kept his hand on Virat's shoulder in understanding.

"yeah we have been here for a while, Rohit must have gotten up by now, we should check on him", said Ash as he looked at the watch on the wall.

They swiftly rose to their legs and made their way to Rohit's room.

They were about to enter without knocking but Virat showed them a hand as he signalled them to quieten.

"I know, I know it's my fault I forgot to call you but after yesterday's practice, I was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as I laid on the bed", explained Rohit guiltily to someone on his phone.

Virat narrowed his eyes at him, who was Rohit trying to pacify so hard.

"I'll get it", he smiled brightly instantly.

"look at him captain, he's cheating on you", Hardik gasped dramatically as he whispered in Virat's ears.

Jassi and Bhuvi who stood nearby heard it and rolled their eyes as they pulled him back to his place but Virat's focus was now on Rohit's unnaturally smiling face.

Mahi bhai suddenly felt something odd but in a more satisfying and good way.

"I'll come to meet to you tomorrow, miss you too, love you too baby ", he said lovingly, even after he kept the phone aside the maniac grin was intact on his face.

Everyone gasped as they entered the room with the 'you have betrayed me' look on their faces. Even Mahi bhai was amused with the entire situation.

Virat threw a pillow at his face as he accused, "you never said I love you to me. How dare you say it to someone else"

"and who is this baby you were talking too", added Virat with a disgusting look.

Till now Virat was fretting on how they needed to find Rohit a girlfriend and suddenly he's behaving like a wife himself, thought Mahi bhai as he shook his head.

Rohit tried dodging it but it hit him square on the face.

"how can you do this Rohita? I thought we were each other's for eternity", Yuzi gasped dramatically.

"he's mine", Virat challenged.

Seeing Virat's narrow eyes, Yuzi nervously laughing added, "we can share Virat bhai"

But when Virat's glare hardened, Yuzi gulped as he muttered, "you can have him all"

Virat humphed in satisfaction and then turned to Rohit, demanding answers.

All this exchange between Virat and Yuzi gave Rohit to come up with a brilliant excuse.

"one of my friends live here in London and I promised her kid to call her regularly and meet them while I'm here. Last night I forgot so I was just trying to make up to her", Rohit cleared his throat as he spoke convincingly.

"so it's like an actual baby baby", asked Rahul frowning.

Rohit nodded innocently, well he wasn't really lying, he did promise his friend's kid to visit her soon, it just came in handy.

"you had no friends in London till date, how did this new friend suddenly come into the frame?", Virat crossed his arms in suspicion.

Rohit gulped as he stiffened ever so slightly but in less than a second it was replaced with his usual calm and composed look," they used to live in Mumbai, she was my classmate, she used tie me rakhi in school as I had no sister and eventually became like a part of the family, her husband recently shifted here due to his work and I hadn't seen her nor her family in long time so I decided to catch up with them"

Again no lies, Rohit was sort of horrible at speaking lies but all these things were true and therefore he could say them without stuttering or making a fool of himself.

Virat stared at Rohit for a few seconds to see if he was hiding anything from him, he didn't know why but he felt like Rohit was hiding something from them, something big, something they should be aware of.

Rohit found himself getting anxious under his gaze. Virat sighed as he finally let go of the topic.

He leisurely sprawled beside Rohit, everyone sat themselves at the empty places in the room and got engaged in various conversations while Rohit breathed in relief and thanked his stars for saving him.

But luck doesn't really work all the time, does it?

❁❁❁