Five

Because you guys have been showering this story with so much love, here's an update as a thank you gift

Happy reading!

❁❁❁

In the evening, Rohit entered Mahi bhai's room where everyone was already present.

Virat looked at the intruder from the couch where he was clinging to Mahi bhai.

"where are you going?", he asked as he saw Rohit ready in some outgoing casuals.

The team's attention diverted to Rohit who was standing at the door awwing at the cat picture which hung on the wall.

"I'm going out", he said as he turned his attention to them.

"that's what I asked smart-ass, where?", Virat rolled his eyes as he looked at him flatly.

"Arre woh the friend I told you about. She called me for dinner tonight and I couldn't say no so", he smiled sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"of course when can you ever say no to food aur woh bhi free ka ohoho", mocked Virat in humor.

The smile on Rohit's face faded as he glared at him but it did nothing except make Virat burst out laughing.

"Mahi bhai look at him", Rohit whined in exasperation.

"Cheeku", said Mahi bhai amused.

"I'm going", huffed Rohit as he exited the room.

"wait when will you come back?", screamed Virat from the back but Rohit paid no heed so cursing he scrambled behind him.

Mahi bhai smiling got back to reading his book and everyone got back to their usual nonsense because apparently, Rohit and Virat's fighting was as normal as the sun rising every morning.

..........

The next morning at the practice, Virat was sulking hard and glaring at the ground entrance.

Everyone had been maintaining a slight distance from him because he was snapping at anyone who came his way.

At night Rohit had simply sent him a text message saying how it got late in all the talking so he was staying at her place for the night.

HE DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER CALLING HIM.

Virat was so furious with Rohit for ditching him like that and also slightly jealous and curious about this new best friend of him. Okay maybe yes she knew him before him but he had more right on him.

When traveling with the team, Rohit never stayed with any of his friends or family sure, he did go to meet them but he always shared the room with Virat at night but today, he betrayed him and Virat was surely going to break his neck.

Like Cherry on top, that moron was also late for the practice, what a great way to start the day.

Virat joined Jassi and Hardik in doing some lapses hoping it would help him cool down a bit.

When he reached the other side of the ground he saw a panicky and almost out of breath Rohit run to the coach to apologize for being late.

A sort of relief flooded through Virat when he saw Rohit jog in, his face visibly relaxed when he saw him safe and sound but it was replaced with a scowl when he saw Rohit didn't even bother to come and say 'hi, sorry for being a bitch yesterday' to him.

Maybe he was overreacting but hello the way Rohit trenched him last night he was obliged to feel this way, please give him a moment to mourn.

Virat dramatically batted his eyelashes feigning hurt when Rishabh dragged him towards the net session.

The coach nodded in understanding and Rohit got to practicing.

He looked around for Virat to say sorry for his sudden actions last night. He felt incredibly guilty because he missed his and Virat's cookie cream night.

It was basically them binge watching with their favourite ice cream tubs in hand. He saw Rishabh dragging Virat with him and made a mental note to talk to him later.

Rohit stretched, warmed up and greeted everyone with a wide smile like he had just won a lifetime free food coupon. 

Jaddu saw a huffing Virat and an extra smiley Rohit and smirked.

"it's been long since we had some entertainment isn't it?", he voiced out innocently.

"Jaddu don't..", cautioned Bhuvi who was standing near him talking to Jassi.

"watch me", smirked Jaddu as he sprinted in Virat's direction.

Bhuvi looked at him horridly, praying for Rohit's safety.

"hey Virat", Jaddu waved at Virat as he neared him.

Virat looked in his direction as he raised his eyebrows in questioning manner.

"did you know Rohit came?", he asked as he slinged his arm around his neck.

"I did", Virat grumbled still awfully UPSET.

Jaddu grinned evilly before his solemn expressions returned and he casually started, " of course but did you know he looks exceptionally happy today"

"really?", asked Virat unsurely.

"yes and I heard him telling someone on how much fun he had at his friend's house last night", he added smugly.

Virat fumed and Jaddu could swear he felt the heat radiating to him.

"let me have a talk with him. Rohit Gurunath Sharma you're so gone", he scowled as he handed his bat to Jaddu and walked in Rohit's direction.

Rohit who was facing the opposite direction didn't see Virat coming but he felt his presence near and therefore he wasn't startled when Virat jumped on him.

"you git how could you do this?", he shrilled in Rohit's ears.

Rohit's face morphed in confusion as asked," what did I do?"

"what did you do, really?", Virat grabbed a fist of Rohit's hair as he tucked at them gently.

"AHHH", screamed Rohit as he freed himself and rubbed his head.

Virat's cheeks were puffed in anger and Rohit couldn't help but pinch them.

Virat slapped his hands away as he looked at him in irritation, Rohit imagined Virat as the angry bunny and burst out laughing.

"now what are you laughing about?", he cried.

Rohit drank water as he shook his head still laughing quielty.

As he tilted his head up to drink, Virat noticed something on his neck. Is that......

"Is that a HICKEYY!!!???"

❁❁❁