Nine

Rohit was flipping through various tv channels trying to find something interesting to browse

The juniors had planned a 'all young people sleepover, no grumpy old men allowed', the title been credited to Harry, no brownie points for correct answer.

And here he was, sitting alone in his room, he couldn't go out because he knew the team had started to get suspicious of him and he also couldn't call her because she was busy as well.

So he decided to do his most favorite thing, sleep.

He almost got ready when the door bell rang.

He frowned as he got up to answer.

Sakshi and Anushka grinned at him while holding coffee mugs.

"mind if we join you?", Sakshi asked.

"of course not", he immediately answered coming out of his surprise as he opened the door wide for them to enter.

The ladies looked at the messed up room and then raised their eyebrows at Rohit.

Rohit nervously rubbed his neck as he quickly picked everything up and threw it in one corner.

Sakshi and Anushka shook their head, nothing can change their habits.

They settled in the balcony, looking at the stars twinkling in the dark, Anushka could swear Rohit's eyes were twinkling even brighter. He seemed happier then ever.

Rohit closed his eyes to enjoy the cool breeze blowing, his muscles relaxed as he leaned a bit back.

Anushka nudged Sakshi to initiate the conversation.

"so Rohit, how have you been?", she cleared her throat, Anushka face palmed herself, this was not how it was supposed to progress.

"good, how have you guys been?", he smiled brightly looking at him.

Both of them nodded.

"why aren't you spending time with Virat and Mahi bhai?", he asked curiously.

"He was annoying me", Anushka casually waved her hand off.

Rohit chuckled at her bluntness.

"Mahi was busy on a phone call so I left", Sakshi too shrugged casually.

Rohit nodded as he sipped some coffee from his mug.

He frowned when he noticed some aggressive eye conversation going on between them.

"everything okay?", he asked concernedly.

"no", Anushka sighed.

They clearly sucked at this, better be honest.

"I'll be direct to point", she said severely.

Rohit gulped but nodded nevertheless seeing their utter serious faces.

"Virat and everyone thinks you're lonely..", she started.

"but I'm not", he interrupted in between taking a dim view of it.

"and they are planning all these weird things...."

"when are they ever normal", he chuckled but when Anushka glared at him, he mumbled, "sorry, please continue"

"to set you up on a date", she completed staring at him.

Rohit nodded his head before he vigorously choked on his coffee.

Sakshi instantly got up to rub his back.

"wait WHAT?", he exclaimed in pure horror.

Both of them nodded their heads in all sincerity and passed him identical sympathetic looks.

Rohit stayed still unable to comprehend.

"they are planning to set me on a date", he stuttered just thinking of the possibility.

He was so doomed.

"I know it's a lot to take in and it does seem terrifying but after so much thinking I feel like it would be great if you give this a chance, after all Virat won't agree to a wrong girl", stated Sakshi kindly.

"of course it's Virat", Rohit mumbled under his breath, his expressed seemed as if he had already found 10 different ways to kill him.

"so what do you think?", asked Anushka genuinely.

"no of course not, it's absurd and I can't do this", he answered immediately.

The ladies looked at each other and winked, they knew Rohit already had someone, him texting at the dinner table and that constant happiness on his face screamed that he fell in love, only the boys were too dumb to notice.

"why Rohit?", Anushka asked innocently.

"because.....", Rohit stopped and glanced at them nervously.

Both of them encouragingly nodded their heads for him to continue.

"because I already have someone", he finally confessed looking down.

"nhiiiiii", Anushka dramatically kept her hand on her heart.

"not the time", Sakshi nudged rolling her eyes.

"sorry, drama flows in my veins", she bit her tongue as she smiled sheepishly.

Rohit also could help the small smile on his face, both Virat and Anushka were alike and different at the same time and that is why they complimented each other so well.

"so what's her name?", asked Sakshi curiously.

Rohit took a deep breath before he broke into a big smile,

"Ritika"

"ooooohh", both of them hooted in teasing.

"stop it", Rohit's face turned red in embrassment.

The ladies burst out laughing seeing his whipped condition.

"so she's the rash giver", Anushka quoted, chiacking.

"oh my god", Rohit now buried his red face in his hands.

The ladies chuckled at his helplessness.

"okay but on a serious note, how did it start?", Sakshi hushed and asked seriously.

Rohit took deep breath before continuing, "we....

[abhi bta diya toh aage kya likhungi😂]

"so you guys are....", asked Anushka cautiously.

"yes", replied Rohit in nervousness.

"that's amazing", beamed Anushka as she shot up her place but immediately sat down, "oh boy, Virat is going to be so mad"

"I know", Rohit closed his eyes and a chile ran down his spine just thinking about the time when he gets to know.

"it's okay Rohit, we'll figure out something", Sakshi patted in his back in commiseration.

"wow your life is so dramatic, a film can be made on it", Anushka mumbled to herself.

"hold the producer inside you Nushka, you're not helping", cried Rohit.

"sorry sorry, don't worry I'll be your side when this happens", she said.

Rohit looked at Sakshi for her confirmation, " of course"

Rohit finally breathed in relief.

"but you have to first make us meet her", Sakshi crossed her arms.

"I know right, we have to meet the girl who clean sweeped the hitman", added Anushka with a pleased smile.

❁❁❁