Twelve

Virat who was practically raging in anger, his hand curled around the bat grip, veins popping out

Anyone could tell, messing with him today could even cost you your life.

He breathed hard trying to control himself from breaking anyone's neck.

He repeatedly pressed at the lift frustrated.

"Cheeku calm down", Mahi bhai finally decided to interrupt in. To be honest, after Virat's outburst even he was kinda hesitant to say in between.

He couldn't believe, his first kid was married and he hid that from them. His family.

Hurt flooded through his veins but for the sake of maintaining the sanity among the team, he kept calm.

"no bhai, this is not done. I'm his best friend, we are his family and he lied to us about some this big. Can you believe it? Rohit is married. Next thing we know, he even has a kid", expressed Virat exasperated.

No one could deny the argument, after all the feelings was mutual.

The lift opened and as soon as he was about to step in, he heard that sound.

Virat sceethed when he saw a laughing Rohit in the corridor who was yet to notice him.

"ROHITTT", he yelled as he lifted his bat up and walked in his direction.

Rohit's laugh quickly vanished when he saw Virat walking like a hulk in his direction.

He hid himself behind Anushka.

"do something Anushka", he whispered as he prayed for his dear life.

"what can I do? It's all over now", Anushka laughed nervously and gulped when she caught Virat's gaze pointing sharply at her.

"Nushka", Rohit gasped as he tucked lightly on her hair, "you promised to be by my side"

"I did but it was applicable if and only if you're alive", she muttered when she looked at Virat's murderous expressions, if looks could kill, Rohit would have already been buried 7 feets down.

As Virat neared him, he lifted his bat up in mock hitting when Ritika instantly came in front of him.

Virat reluctantly kept his bat down and observed the woman in front of him, she was the same as with Rohit in the photos.

He narrowed his eyes as he glared at her trying to decipher her intentions.

"hi I'm Ritika", she introduced herself in a soft warm tone.

The hard look on his face softened looking at her serene expressions.

Though proclaimed as the ruthless, he couldn't get himself be mad at her, so clearing his throat, he responded, "Virat"

"I know, heard a lot about you", she chuckled pointing in Rohit's direction.

"hii", Rohit waved his hands still from behind Anushka sporting an innocent look.

"really, unfortunately I haven't", said he, darkly as he glared at Rohit.

"uhmm I guess we have a lot of explaining to do", she looked back and forth between them.

"yes you do Rohit", Virat looked straight in Rohit's eyes.

Neither of them could get the eye contact to break, Rohit could see the ultimate betrayal and hurt and agony in Virat's eyes that he didn't even bother hiding.

Usually good with masking his emotions from the world, Virat was roaming with them on his sleeves today making Rohit feel the same intensity of guilt.

He averted his eyes to the floor but he could still feel Virat's boreing in his head.

He finally took his eyes off him and glanced at Anushka, "and you too"

Anushka tried to say something but Virat cut her off as he coldly exclaimed, "in my room, now"

And no one could deny that authority.

"look because of you he's even angry with me", shrilled Anushka at Rohit.

"didn't you say, if we go down, we go down together", he snickered though it would be an understatement saying he was counting his last few moments on this beautiful planet.

"shut up that was for Ritika not you", she rolled her eyes.

"so what? She's mine and I'm hers so that makes us one", he spoke nonchalantly.

Anushka was about to retort back something snidy but Sakshi bhabhi decided to take the charge, "if your bickering is done, shall we proceed Sharma siblings, if you remember your boyfriend and your best friend is waiting for you guys"

The horrified looks on their faces returned as they held hands to pacify each other.

"he's your boyfriend, you go in first", Rohit nudged her towards the door.

"oh really, he's your best friend first, you go in. Aren't you guys soul mates or something", she pushed him.

They bickered among themselves before they took deep breathes and nodded in affirmation, "we should do it together"

Ritika watched the scene amused, they went from arguing to making up this quick.

Well Ritika you're in for a surprise because you haven't met the famous Rohirat together yet.

Sakshi shook her head at them but she stood petrified when she heard his voice behind her ear sending chills down her spine.

"you ain't getting off the hook too"

Mahi bhai brushed her hair before he walked in.

The three of them looked at each other, "shit"

❁❁❁