Epilogue

Warning: a long chapter ahead

Ritika grumbled as she reached out for her phone.

Who in the world had decided to call so early.

"Rituuu good morning", greeted Virat cheerfully from the other side.

"what happened?", she asked as she rubbed her eyes to get the sleep out of her system.

"get ready and come down in half an hour, I'm picking you up", he commanded and hung up immediately without waiting for her reply.

Ritika's brows furrowed in confusion, what was up with Virat today but again when was he ever normal.

She looked at the wall clock.

11:00 Am

She slept very late last night, alot of things had been whirling in her head these days making her loose her sleep.

She looked anxiously at her phone as her finger hovered over that one name in her speed dial.

Rohit.

It has been 2 weeks since she last heard from him. They had lashed out at each other owning to their work pressure, the anger they didn't mean came out, all the frustration bottled in came onto each other in a way they both didn't mean.

When Rohit stormed out of her house that night, Ritika could feel a part of her walking away with him, her heart clenched in pain as her eyes welled up.

The next day when she had significantly cooled down and had decided to apologize she received that text message,

"i think we should take a break"

The world immediately stopped for her, she could hear her stammering heart, her hands shivered holding the device in her hand.

What if Rohit decided he didn't love her anymore, oh god no, she can't do without him now.

He had become such an integral part of her daily routine that without him it already felt empty.

"I'm not mad at you, infact I'm sorry for loosing control on my anger, I think none of us were wrong, our professional lives have been a lot lately so let's take some time to sort it out and whatever happens always remember I love you"

Ritika reread the message several times and every time the words sting to her even more.

She hated this, hated the position she was in but she also knew this was important, if they stayed together like this, they would only end up hurting each other.

She took shaky deep breaths as she decided she couldn't be selfish, she had to do what was right for them.

"okay"

And anyways people did take breaks in their relationships and did get back together, they would too, right?

She hoped so.