Eight

Rohit fell on the bed as they came back from the exhausting practice the next day

Virat rolled his eyes at his dramatic behavior and went to freshen up first.

As he came half an hour later adjusting a t-shirt over himself, he grinned at the sight.

Rohit was now comfortably sitting on the bed, his legs folded under him and happily listening to Anushka blabbering animatedly about something, most probably about her recent shoot.

"Nushkie", Virat called out to gain her attention.

Anushka turned and smiled fondly at him as she leaped in his direction.

Virat engulfed her in a warm and tight hug as he mumbled in her hair,"I missed you"

Anushka kissed the t-shirt over his heart as she repeated, "I missed you too"

Rohit cleared his throat from behind, "before you guys do anything that could make my eyes paralysed I should leave"

Anushka blushed while Virat threw the towel on him.

Rohit laughing sprinted out as he yelled back, "see you at the dinner" and teasingly added a second later, "hopefully"

Virat them turned towards Anushka as he asked, "so how was your shoot?"

"great and I'm looking forward to spending time with you and everyone here", Anushka chirped.

"me too, I'm so glad you could make it", he grinned lazily as he tucked a loose piece of her hair behind her ear.

........

Rohit intentionally left his seat next to Virat and took the seat in front of him.

Virat who came in hands with Anushka, looked at the new seatings and then at Rohit who winked back at him.

Everyone took their respective seats and got engaged in conversations among themselves.

The older clan usually with their wives and girlfriends while the youngsters were creating some nuisance among themselves.

Rohit was observing everything around with a big smile, his big family.

He felt so horribly wrong lying about Her but he had no choice, he was just looking for the right time to unleash all the truths.

His attention diverted to his phone when it pinged with a notification.

He opened it and his smile widened seeing her text.

"look at him bhai, he's pretending to be busy so that he doesn't feel lonely", Virat whispered audibly for Mahi bhai who was sitting on his one side and for Anushka.

Anushka frowned and followed his gaze which landed on Rohit.

Mahi bhai too looked intently at Rohit.

"he's chatting with someone", whispered Sakshi from beside Mahi bhai.

"yeah he's looks kinda busy", added Anushka.

"no guys, he's pretending to be busy to hide his loneliness", Virat sighed.

For once Mahi bhai too nodded at Virat's observation.

"and that is why we're finding a girlfriend for him", he added next.

Sakshi who was drinking her mojito, choked on it.

Rohit looked up in concern to see her coughing and Mahi bhai rubbing her back to calm her down.

"bhabhi you okay?", he asked worriedly.

"yeah", she breathed and tried giving him a small smile which Rohit returned before he got back to his business.

"what do you mean by that?", hissed Anushka as he pointed a fork at Virat.

"I'll explain but put that down", Virat nervously chuckled as he slowly took it from her grasp.

Sakshi and Anushka crossed their arms at they stared at Virat and Mahi bhai.

Virat then started his story of Rohit needing a partner in his life and how he was getting involved in things to cure his isolation referring to the time when he almost got a heart attack when he saw those marks on his neck.

Sakshi's and Anushka's eyes widened in horror.

They looked back at Rohit, who at the moment seemed to be in his world smiling at his phone.

"maybe we can set him with anyone of your friends from bollywood", Virat immediately brightened at his suggestion but quickly shook his head, "no I can't risk him with any girl I don't know personally"

Anushka and Sakshi still seemed too stunned, grasping the story.

"so how do you plan to find that perfect girl for him?", Sakshi asked carefully coming out of the shock.

"oh we have set a bumble account for him", announced Virat proudly.

"you have what", whisper yelled Anushka as she glared at him.

Sakshi whacked Mahi bhai's arm as she hissed, "how could you allow this nonsense going on?"

Mahi bhai rubbed his arm as he mumbled, "I had no choice to answer and moreover it will be great if this works"

Sakshi looked at him in disbelief and vigorously shook her head, they have even corrupted her husband.

Anushka and Sakshi looked at each other in helplessness.

They needed to have a talk with Rohit before these boys do something that will only accelerate the chaos.

❁❁❁