Six

Rohit spluttered all the water out

Rohit spluttered all the water out. Virat was gaping at him in disbelief.

Rohit's hand instantly went to his neck to somehow cover it but Virat was quicker to snatch it away.

"tell me, what is this?", Virat demanded in a dead calm tone, which literally meant 'you fucking have a good explanation for this or you're so dead.'

Rohit hoped for the ground to crack open and swallow him and his embrassment. He cursed himself for being so careless and Virat for being so sharp with observations.

Virat was daggering holes in him as he tapped his foot impatiently for him to explain.

"it's... it's a rash, yes a rash", Rohit stuttered before he straightened and spoke.

Virat looked at him inquisitively as he repeated, "a rash?"

"yes you know right I'm allergic to peanuts so yesterday while having dinner in all the talking I didn't pay attention and had the chutney with peanut paste but I realised quickly and left it in middle", he said convincingly as he waved his hand.

Of course Virat knew Rohit was allergic to peanuts therefore he did make sense but..

"she's your childhood friend then isn't she supposed to know you're allergic to peanuts?", he narrowed his eyes as he crossed his arms.

Rohit looked at him anxiously before he nervously chuckled and smacked his arm playfully, "she might have forgotten like me, it's a been a while but I'm okay"

"show me", Virat's eyes clouded with concern as he reached out to have a better look for himself.

"no it's okay, I applied the ointment and took the medicine before coming here", Rohit hastily took a step back and assured him.

"do you have these rashes anywhere else as well?", Virat demanded worriedly.

"yeah", Rohit muttered under his breath.

"what?", asked Virat in an altered high pitch voice.

"I mean no, like I said, I realised it quickly and took the medicines immediately so it didn't have a lot of effects", he shook his head.

Virat stared at him for a while, Rohit's theory did make sense but at the same time it didn't.

Rohit was always careful about peanuts, he avoided them thoroughly because these rashes were horrible to start with so how could he be so uncaring last night.

Also isn't his so called friend supposed to know, like they had been friends for so long.

With them, if Rohit was careless, Virat was there to alert him.

Virat so wished he had gone with Rohit last night so that he could have warned him.

Poor Rohit must be so troubled today but his third eye also told him, it was something more than this rash.