Thirteen

Virat sat on the chair as he eyed them suspiciously

Rohit and Anushka stood with their heads down looking like kids caught for mischief while Ritika stood a little to the side.

Sakshi was trying to pacify Mahi bhai who was still giving her a sting eye.

Virat thumped his bat loudly on the ground making everyone flinch in their places.

"care to explain", he demanded.

Sakshi decided to help Rohit like she promised.

"listen Virat...", she started but was shut down by Mahi bhai.

"you don't get to give the justifications for them when you're equally at fault", he grumbled from behind as he pulled her back.

"I didn't expect you to hide such stuff from me bhabhi", Virat said, clearly hurt with the happenings.

Sakshi too looked down in guilt, she didn't mean to but she also understood Rohit's condition.

"bubs..", said Anushka softly, she knew Virat was mad hurt and it would be difficult to make him understand but hey they can alteast try.

"since when did you know?", he questioned in between.

"yesterday", she mumbled.

"how?"

They looked among themselves before Anushka sighed and continued, "after you guys told us about sending Rohit to dates.."

"wait what?", interrupted a wide eyed Ritika.

"you weren't supposed to say that", hissed Rohit.

His best friend was already angry and now the love of his life was going to be too. Great. Just great.

Anushka bit her tongue in realisation.

"you were planning on going to dates behind my back", she enquired calmly.

Rohit opened his mouth to clear the air out but Virat beat him.

"yes he was, he even has a bumble account", he answered hastily.

Somehow he was not mad at the lady, it felt as if he had known her for long, maybe it was her warm and kind aura that made Virat like her.

Though he was still mad at Rohit for lying to him but he had also observed the way Rohit looked at her with heart eyes, like she was the only star in his dark sky.

Ritika seemed absurdly familiar to him. Where had he seen her? When Ritika introducted herself, her eyes reflected as if she already knew him and was waiting for him to recognise her as well.

"what are you saying? No I don't have any bumble tumble account", Rohit vigorously shook his head as he glared at Virat.

"Harry show her", said Virat as he smugly retorted the look back to Rohit.

Harry immediately scrambled to Ritika as he opened Rohit's account and prompted to her, "look at this bhabhi"

Rititka abruptly stopped for a second, 'bhabhi' struck to her, she looked at Sakshi who nodded smiling in assurance.

She looked at his profile, she handed Harry his phone back before she extended her arm towards Virat.

Virat looked at her waiting for explanation, "pass me the bat"

"what nooo", cried a terrified Rohit.

Virat grinned maniacally as he excitingly handed her the bat.

"go Ritika", he cheered as Ritika made her way towards Rohit.

"go bhabhi", hyped some of the boys.

Anushka and Sakshi sighed in relief, Virat was laughing loudly when Ritika hit Rohit lightly.

The heavy and awkward tension had desolved as they accepted Ritika unknowingly.

While all this commotion was going on, Mahi bhai pulled the two master minds to one side.

"this was all your plan, wasn't it?", Mahi bhai narrowed his eyes at the ladies when he caught them having eye conversations among themselves.

"who else is this smart", boasted Sakshi as she flipped her hair back.

Mahi bhai shook his head while Anushka giggled.

"do you really think, we would come here without a plan bhai, keeping in mind Virat's anger", Anushka her head in mock disappointment.

Mahi bhai looked at the scene in front, the boys had already welcomed Ritika into the family including Virat considering the way he was congratulating her.

"is she good?", he asked, his gaze still fixed on the bunch of hooligans surrounding Rohit and Ritika.

"she makes him happy", Sakshi smiled.

"the way they can complete each other's sentences, the way Rohit is always at peace around her, he really loves her and she does too"

Mahi bhai nodded in understanding. If his kid was happy, nothing else mattered.

Jassi could not see the helpless and horrified look on Rohit's face.

"he did not make a bumble account bhabhi, we did", he said worriedly.

"I know", she chuckled seeing the dramatic look on Rohit's face.

"then why would you hit me like that?", he whined.

Though he was not hurt anywhere, considering how lightly she had hit him, his best friend is Virat, he's ought to be a little more extra.

"cause why not?", she shrugged casually.

"touché", Virat exclaimed as he hified Rititka.

Rohit couldn't help but a small smile cracked on his face, Virat was finally accepting her.

But as if Virat realised, he straightened and glared harshly at Rohit, "you still lied to me, knucklehead"

Rohit winced and cursed for Virst's memories being so sharp.

"and I'm so angry at you", he continued, still narrowing his eyes at him.

"not you Ritika", he added kindly.

"that's not fair", cried Rohit in injustice.

Everyone snickered at Rohit's expressions. It seemed so funny how Virat betrayed Rohit to team up with Ritika whom he hadn't even known for an hour but somehow their comfort level spoke as if they had known each other forever.

"shut up", he rolled his eyes.

Virat's anger had drained to an extent, to be honest, he wasn't mad at Rohit for falling in love, no way infact he was happy, so happy that they wouldn't have to go through all that trouble to find him a girl.

Rohit deserved everything in this world, he was afraid what if Rohit had choosen the wrong girl but after meeting with Ritika, even in this conversation of few minutes he was assured, she was infact the right girl for him.

"tell me everything"

"where should I start?", asked Rohit as now settled on the bed.

"when did you guys get married?", Virat started the most obvious question in everyone's head.

The team nodded their heads in sync, almost creeping Ritika out.

"wait what? When did that happen?", asked a stunned Rohit as he looked at them.

Plot twist heheheh

❁❁❁