Fifteen

Rohit flustered immediately while she internally cooed at the squishy male

"come on", she said as she started walking on the pavement.

"where?", Rohit furrowed his brows yet followed her like a lost puppy.

He never trusted anyone easily and here he was with some unknown lady he barely knew, walking side by side but it all felt right, as if this was where he belonged.

They talked among themselves about everything, from their favourite dishes and restaurants to their favourite films to their most embarrassing moments.

She burst out laughing when Rohit told her he cries while watching sooryavansham. He grumbled in sulking but when she pinched his cheeks, he melted immediately.

He didn't know why was he sharing such embarrassing stories, stories he wanted to bury deep in the ground and never unleash. His usually introvert and awkward self felt at ease with her.

The sadness was slowly vanishing and all the courtesy to this angel lady.

Her laugh sounded like music to his ears and he swear he could hear her talking all day.

They stopped in front of one of the tallest buildings.

Rohit looked at her and teasingly said, "didn't know you wanted to take me home to meet your parents. At least you should have told me, I would have come better dressed"

She smilingly rolled her eyes and slightly pushed him to the side, "you have to work hard for that Mr. It's not that easy"

If Virat would have been there, his eyes would have popped out seeing Rohit flirt so easily, it came so naturally to him around her.

Rohit himself couldn't believe the words that fell out of his mouth unknowingly, he was cursing his life a few moments ago, blaming his destiny for the wrong happening in his life and here he was laughing gruffly mere minutes later.

She guided him to the terrace and opened the door.

Rohit closed his eyes feeling the cool breeze healing the burning ache in his heart.

They sat a little behind the edge of the railing and looked at the beautiful citylights.

"this is where I come when I'm disturbed about anything", she said breaking the silence.

Rohit turned to look at her, she was smiling slightly, her smile was like a soothing dose to him, the way her eyelashes were falling gently on her skin, she skin seemed so soft and glowing.

Rohit mentally scolded himself so getting distracted that way.

"this is my secret place, this terrace has seen me in all my weakest moments, has seen my bawling my eyes out but has also seen me heal", she said.