Council of Elrond

After Adaliah left Lord Elrond's guests came to Rivendell to talk about the ring.

(If you haven't seen Lord of the rings this can be confusing)

Elrond starts the discussion about the ring of power. "Strangers from distant lands, friends of old" he starts and looked at around each one in the meeting, "You have been summoned to answer the threat of Mordor, Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite, or you will fall. Each race bound to this fate, this one doom..."

"Bring forth the ring Frodo" Elrond says and they all looked at the hobbit as he stand up and walk towards a small plinth. He placed the ring in there and returned to his sit.

"So it's true" the shocked man Boromir says."Sauron's ring! The ring of power!" the elf Legolas says in disbelief. "The doom of man" the dwarf Gimli says still staring at the ring.

Suddenly Boromir talk again saying, "It is a gift, a gift to the foes of Mordor! Why not use the ring? Long has my father, the steward of Gondor, held the forces of Mordor at bay--""I don't think thats a good idea. This ring too powerful for a man to use" Legolas says cuting him off. "Instead of you controling the ring, the ring will be one who controls you" Legolas said.

"He's right Boromir, you cannot wield it. None of us can. The ring answers to Sauron alone, it has no other master" another man Aragorn says, making Boromir look at him coldly."And what would a ranger know about this matter?" Boromir ask, but the 'ranger' kept silent. The elf Legolas stands up and says, "This is no mere ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance"Frodo looks at him confused and Boromir turns sharply at Aragorn.

"Aragorn? This is Isildur's heir?" Boromir ask not quite believing the elf's words."And heir to the throne of Gondor" Legolas added.

"Havo dad Legolas" (Sit down, Legolas) Aragorn said. "Gondor needs no king" Boromir says and glares at Aragorn. "They are right Boromir, we cannot use it" The wizard Gandalf says and Elrond finally speak again saying, "You only have one choice, the ring must be destroyed"

The dwarf Gimli stands up and hold his axe, "Then, what are we waiting for?" he put his axe above his head and with force, he brings the axe downward aiming for the ring. But as soon as the blade touches the ring, it cracked and sent him backwards with a force. He stands up and looked at the unharmed ring with anger and disbelief.

"The ring cannot be destroyed Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft we have" Elrond says looking at the dwarf, he face everyone again and continued his speech, "The ring was made at the fires of Mount Doom, only there it can be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor, and cast back in the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this."

There is silence then Boromir speaks, "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barrelled wasteland, riddled with fire, ash and dust, the very air you breathe is poisonous fume. Not with the thousand men could do this. It is folly"

"Have you heard what Lord Elrond has said? The ring must be destroyed" Legolas says, anger is clearly rising.
"And I suppose, you think you're the one to do it?" Gimli spat.
"And if we fail? What then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?" Boromir says.
Anger is rising through the heart of each one in here.

Gimli stands, anger filled his eyes, "I will be dead before I see the ring in the hands of an elf!" he announced making all elfs get into the fight. Everyone is shouting, fighting for what they're believing. "Never trust an elf!" Gimli shouts.
Finally, Gandalf join the fight and says, "Do you not understand? While we bicker amoung ourselves, Sauron's power grows! No one will escape it. You will be destroyed, your homes burnt and your families put to the sword"

"I will take it" Frodo says, but no one heard him. Frodo takes a deep breath and boldly says, "I will take it! I will take the ring to Mordor!"

Gandalf stood saying, "I will help you with this burden, Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear"
Aragon rises and kneels infront of Frodo, "If by my life or death, I can protect you, I will. You have my sword" he says and stands up.

Soon Legolas and Gimli join them too,"And you have my bow"
"And my axe"
Boromir looks at them and walk towards Frodo, "You carry the fate of us all, little one" and then he looks at Elrond and Gandalf saying, "If this is indeed the will of the council, then Gondor will see it done"

Frodo look at each fighter who's on his side, then a sudden noice from the bush was heard and a hobbit Sam pops out in there.
"Mr. Frodo's not going anywhere without me"

"No indeed, it is hardly possible to separate you, even when he is summoned to a secret council meeting and you are not" Elrond reply.

Then 2 more hobbits came out.
"Oi! Were coming too! You have to send us home tied up in a sack to stop us" one of the hobbits Mary said standing infront of Frodo and followed by hobbit Pippin.
"Anyway, you need people of intelligence to this sort of mission.. quest.. thing"

Elrond thinks while looking at the group of people infront of him.
"Ten companions, then so be it" he said thoughtfully, "You shall be the Fellowship of the ring" he announced.

"Ten, what do you mean? There is onely nine of us here." Mary says looking around him.
"Yes indeed, but you need to go to Misty Lake and find the tenth companion." Elrond said.
"Misty Lake? There is nothing but fishs. No soldier would ever live there!" Boromir said irritatedly.

"That's why your not looking for a soldier. I promise when you get there you will need her." Elrond said
"Her? Why would we need to find this girl, does she need help to find her mommy?" Boromir said making fun of what Erond just said.
"Promise me when you get there your not going to say that." Elrond said. Boromir just walked away.

"Why do we need this landy, who is she?" Gimil asked. "Just go get some rest you will need it. The nine companions will leave tomorrow to the Misty Lake." Elrond announced.