Boromir

"Deep in thought?" Legolas questions as Adaliah stare quizzically into the river. She turned her attention to him.
"I suppose you could say that, it's just something Galadriel had said to me. I can't seem to shake the thought of it" She sighed as she looked back toward the way of the river.
"Would you like to talk about it?" He asks but The woman just shooked her head.

Galadriel was talking about Legolas and she didn't want him knowing anything. When she didn't understand her feelings.

They continue to canoe down the river where all that can be heard is the rustling of the tress in the wind and the smooth splashes of the ores paddling in the water.

They passed through a canyon as Aragon lifts his head, half smiling and taps Frodo on the shoulder. "Frodo the Argonath! Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old. My kin..."Aragon says as he trails off in amazement. Two majestic statues, carved right out of the rock, proudly stood on each side of the river. Their left hands are held aloft, their palms facing outwards in gesture of warning. Solemn and stern were their faces.. the silent wardens of a long vanished kingdom. As the fellowship passed these amazing statues, they reach the foot of the river to where the hill of sight is located.

They brought theyr boats up onto a gravel beach path, where they disembark to have a rest. As Adaliah got on her feet and stand upon the gravel, She couldn't help but notice Boromir looking troubled..he appears to be fighting a self conflict within him. Aragon comes to stand next to her.
"We cross the lake at nightfall. Hide the boats and continue on foot. We approach Mordor from the North." He says softly.
"Oh yes?! It's just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil? An impossible labyrinth of razor sharp rocks! And after that it gets even better."Gimli exclaims as Pippin looks up at everyone alarmed.
"Festering, stinking marshlands far as the eye can see" he continues. Adaliah walked over to Merry, crouching down next to him.
"I think that's quite enough, don't you? Master dwarf" she said to him in a patronising tone. Gimli grumbles.
"That is our road...I suggest you take some and recover your strength." Aragon replies. Gimli's eyes widen as he takes offence to this.
"Recover my...." Gimli trailed off. Legolas whom stood beside her turned in Aragon's direction urgently.
"We should leave now." he whispered.
"No, orcs patrol the eastern shore. We must wait for cover of darkness." Aragon stated.
"It is not the eastern shore that worries me." Legolas says as Adaliah felt him shift uneasily next to her.
"A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind...something draws near... I can feel it." Adaliah said softly as she observe her surroundings.

She turned to where the hobbits were gathered but she cannot see Frodo. She looked around her quickly as she could feel a sense of panic form within her stomach.
"What is it Adaliah?" Aragon asks quizzically. "Frodo is gone!" she exclaim. Everyone begins to scramble to their feet as they all separate into different directions. As they grew further apart, Adaliah could hear the faint echoes of them calling his name. She walked up a slight hill which led out by this stone building that had half fallen apart.

"The hill of sight" she whisper as study it for a while. Just to the left of her, she could hear what it sounded like to be someone struggling for breath. She run around the corner to find Frodo, sitting on the floor, regaining his breath.
"Frodo" Adaliah said calmly as she begin to approach him. Startled, Frodo gets to his feet.
"It has taken Boromir!" he exclaims. Adaliah knew that Boromir would fall to the ring, he had been fighting with that will for a few days now.
"Where is the ring?" she asked him as things grow to become intense.
"Stay away!" Frodo shouts as he moves away from her. Adaliah toke a step forward to him, showing she mean no harm. lifting her hands to a surrender. "Frodo! I swore to protect you!" she said to him reassuringly.
"Can you protect me from yourself?" he questions as he now holds the ring out in his palm toward me. "Would you destroy it?" he adds. Adaliah's eyes fall down to look upon the ring. She could feel it's presence drag her in as it begins to slowly whisper her name.

Adaliah stared at it for a while as she begin to approach Frodo. She reach out with both her hands towards the hand that Frodo holds the ring as she brought his fingers over it, closing his hand shut, pushing it towards his chest.
" I would of gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor" Adaliah tolld him as she knew now that he will be finishing this journey alone... that he has to leave them.
" I know, look after the others especially Sam. He will not understand". Frodo replies to her as she noded her head in agreement.

Adaliah placed her hand on his cheek.
"You're so brave, master hobbit." she tolld him as a noise begins to sound from behind them. Frodo pulls out his sword which glows blue, indicating the sign for orcs. Adaliah's eyes widen as she get to her feet, pulling an arrow from her quiver as she load it to her bow.
"Go Frodo! Run!" she exclaim at him as he runs off in the other direction. Adaliah walked out from beneath a pillar where she was greeted by a troop of Uruk-Hai that bear the white hand of Saruman upon their helmets. They let out a menacing growl as they advance towards the woman. She hold her bow up to her face in acceptance of the challenge and she begin to pierce each and everyone with an arrow.

The Uruk hai begin to be too much for Adaliah alone to handle so she rushed off in the other direction toward where she had came from. Adaliah could see Legolas in the distance. He turns to her direction as he hears the loud thudding footsteps of the advancing Uruk-hai, spotting Adaliah being chased by them. He begins to shoot them and their bodies come tumbling to the floor.

As Adaliah reach his side, she too turned around and begin to join him in shooting where they brought down every single orc together. Suddenly, the sound of a horn echoes through the forest.
" The horn of Gondor" Legolas and Adaliahsaid in unison. As they both begin to run toward where they had heard it come from.

They arrived to find Aragon knelt by Boromir's side as he lay pale and bloodied upon the floor. Adaliah and Legolas watch from afar, hanging theyr heads in respect.
"They took the little ones" Boromir whispered shakily.
"Be still" Aragon replies as he brings Boromir up into his arms, sitting him up slightly.
"I have failed you all". Boromir says with a heavy heart.
"No Boromir, you fought bravely. You have kept your honour." as Aragon says this, he reaches out to pull the arrow that stuck out of Boromir's skin.
"Leave it! It is over." Boromir says as he pushes Aragon's hand away.
"The world of men will fall and all will come to darkness and my city to ruin". he adds.
" I do know what strength is in my blood but I swear to you I will not let the white city fall, nor our people fail" Aragon says to him intently.
"Our people?" Boromir says as he reaches for his sword and rests his hands on the hilt.
"I would of followed you my brother, my captain, my king." he continues. But the words begin to trail off as the light starts to fade from his eyes and he slowly passes.
"Be at peace, son of Gondor" Aragon whispers to him as he bends over to kiss him on the forehead.

Adaliah felt Legolas's arm slither around her waist as he pulled her closer to him. Gimli comes to the other side of us, realising Boromir had passed. He lowers his axe bowing his head.
"We should move his body." Aragon says as he lifts him up. They all help to place Boromir in a boat, with his sword resting upon him. They could not leave him in the forest to rot, for he would not leave one of us like that.

They pushed the boat away from the shore and let the river his carry his body. Adaliah stand back, resting upon a rock with little to no emotion on her face. Aragon stands across from her, tightening his gauntlets around his wrists that he took from Boromir to remember him by. While Legolas started preparing a boat for us to sail in.

"Hurry! Frodo and Sam have reached the eastern shore." Legolas says at he looks up at the little companion, coming to a pause.
"You mean not to follow them?" He adds.
"Frodo's fate is no longer in our hands" Adaliah said, looking to Legolas.
"Then it has all been in vein! The fellowship has failed" Gimli grumbled. They all walked toward eachother as Aragon rested his hands upon theyr shoulders.
"Not if we hold true to eachother. We will not abandon Merry and Pippin to torment to death. Not while we have strength left. Leave all that can be spared behind, we travel light. Let's hunt some orc!" Aragon says proudly as he straps something to him, presumably a blade of some sort. Adaliah, Legolas and Gimli exchange looks as they begin to grin at one another.
"Yes!" Gimli cheered as he began to run after Aragon into the forest. Adaliah and Legolas shrugged and followed closely behind.

And so they ventured off back into the woods, following the wretched stench of the Uruk-hai and Orcs. Just because the fellowship was over that did not mean theyr quest had finished, for this was still only the beginning.