They fell

"By order of the king, the city must empty. We make for the refuge of Helms Deep. Do not burden yourselves with treasures. Take only what provisions you need." Hàma called to the bustling crowd.  Adaliah sighed as she headed over to the stables to prepare Hasufel for the journey ahead when Adaliah felt an arm graze across her back and around her waist.
"Ume amin rashwe lle?" (did I startle you?) Legolas says smiling into Adaliah's neck.
"You will have to try harder than that." She reply shrugging smugly.

Suddenly theyr moment was broken by Gimli's bellowing voice.
"Helms deep! They flee to the mountains when they should stand and fight. Who will defend then if not their king?" He complained.
"Not all people want to face war my master dwarf, you ready for battle whereas Thèoden rather run from it." Adaliah sighed as she replied to Gimli, entwining fingers with Legolas as they stand next to eachother.
"Oh.!" Gimli says raising an eyebrow at two of them as he looks down at they hands interlocked.
" Well, Well, looks like the elf finally got a girl." he says as he nudges Aragorn with his elbow. Adaliah and Legolas both smile and laugh while Gandalf rolls his eyes at Gimli's stupidity.

"I am happy for you both." Gandalf says briefly before going back to talking about Thèoden.
"There is no way out of that ravine, Thèoden is walking into a trap. He thinks he is leading them to safety. What they will get is a massacre. Thèoden has a strong will but I fear for him. I fear for the survival of Rohan. He will need you before the end Aragorn. The people of Rohan will need you. The defences HAVE to hold." Gandalf stresses.
"They will hold!" Aragon defended. Gandalf begins to mount his horse as Aragorn opens the gate for him to exit.
"They grey pilgrim...that's what they used to call me. Three hundred lives of men I've walked this earth and now I have no time. With luck, my search will not be in vain. Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day, at dawn look to the east." Gandalf informed.
"Go.!" Aragorn stated as Gandalf went racing out the stables riding on shadowfax. Legolas pulled Adaliah back out of the way as he passed.
"Why does he leave?" Shw asked absentmindedly.
"I do not know." Legolas sighed. As the people of Rohan moved out of Edoras towards Helms deep.

Thèoden led the way. Gimli sat atop of a horse on his own, chatting with Èowyn who was leading it by the reins.
"It's true you don't see many dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance that they're often mistaken for dwarf men." Adaliah overheard him as he continued to speak with her.
"It's the beard." whispered Aragorn as Éowyn turned around to look at him.  Adaliah inwardly laughed, resting her head on Legolas's back as they rode together.

Adaliah continued to listen to Gimli.
"And in this turn, has given rise to the belief that there are no dwarf women. And that dwarves just spring out of the holes in the ground." Èowyn laughs gaily at him.
"Which of course is ridiculous..." Gimli says but as he does so the horse he was on suddenly rests up and gallops away as Èowyn loses her hold on the reins. Gimli falls off after a short distance and lands with a loud thump. Èowyn rushes to Gimli, both still laughing.

Suddenly a feeling of uncertainty overcomes Adaliah, she wasn't sure what it was but she felt something wasn't right in the air. Adaliah furrow her eyebrows as she observe her surroundings, when Háma and Gamling ride past her.

A while passed, until screams begin to echo from ahead. Legolas jumps off the horse as Adaliah now take the reins and runs towards the sound, she watch him as he goes. As he disappears from her sight, Adaliah looked at Aragorn who also now rides ahead.
"A scout!" Legolas exclaim from a mile away.  "Wargs!" Shouts Aragon.
"We are under attack!" He continues to warn the people.  The villagers begin to cry and panic.
"Get them out of here" Aragorn says looking to Èowyn. She continues to take control and guides the people on a different path to safety.

"All riders to the head of the column." Thèoden informs. Adaliah tap Hasufel into a gallop as she head towards the others where a dozen of scouts and wargs come running fast towards them in the distance.