Fargorn forest

" I did not know you can see visions." Legolas says curiously as he accompanies Adaliah throughout the forest.
"Oh, you're speaking to me now?"Adaliah said smugly as she watch Legolas move uncomfortably. He does not answer. Only smile quaintly her as he begins to move back toward Gimli.
"You drive the elf mad" whispers Aragorn. Adaliah softly chuckle.

Gimli comes across a dark stain on a leaf, he runs his fingers through it and brings it to his mouth and spits it out.
"Orc blood!" He exclaims in disgust. Adaliah let out a snigger at Gimli who just huffs back at her.
"There are strange tracks" says Aragorn as he looks at the trees and the ground that surround him.
"The air is so close in here." speaks Gimli who looks very agitated with his surroundings.
"The forest is old, very old, full of memory and anger." Legolas whispered as groans began to reverberate through the forest. Gimli raises his axe. "The trees are speaking to eachother" Adaliah announce as they all look frantically around them. Aragon now whispers,
"Gimli, lower your axe" as he gestures his hand in a downward motion. Gimli begins to lower it slowly.

"The trees have feelings too my friend" Adaliah said to Gimli humorously.
"Aragorn, Nas nâ ennas!" (Something is out there) Legolas whispered.
"Man cenich?" (What did you see?) Aragorn asked softly Adaliah now came to their side.
"The white wizard approaches" she says quietly. Aragorn's emotion changes.
"Do not let him speak. He will put a spell on us."

He wraps his hand around the hilt of his sword, slowly beginning to withdraw it. Gimli tightens his grip around his axe as Adaliah took her daggers and Legolas bring an arrow to hes bow.
"We must be quick." Aragorn says. With a yell, they all turn around to attack. A bright white light projects towards them, making it hard for them to aim correctly. Gimli's axe and Legolas's arrow are deflected. Adaliah felt her hands begin to shake as she was made to drop her daggers and Aragorn's sword becomes red hot, causing him to throw it to the ground.

They all shield theyr eyes as the bright light emanating from the white wizard becomes stronger. "You are tracking the footsteps of two young hobbits." a loud voice bellowed.
"Where are they" Aragorn yelled.
"They passed this way, they day before yesterday. They met someone they did not expect. Does that comfort you?" The voice asked.
"Who are you? Show yourself!" Aragorn demanded.

Suddenly the bright light began to dim, revealing Gandalf, all dressed in white. They all stood there outstanded.
"Forgive me, for I thought you were Saruman" says Legolas as he kneels down bowing his head.
"It cannot be. You fell." Aragorn says, shocked.
" Through fire and water. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak. I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth." Gandalf said, almost as if he were recalling everything in his mind.
"Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside. Darkness took me and I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and everyday was as long as a life-age of the earth. But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I have been sent back until my task is done." Adaliah let out a sigh of relief.
"Gandalf." Adaliah says as she breathes outwards. "Yes...that's what they used to call me..Gandalf the grey. That was my name"
"Gandalf!" Gimli cried.
"I am Gandalf the white and I come back to you now at the turn of the tide" he says smiling.

They begin to walk through the forest with Gandalf leading the way, now wearing a grey cloak over his white robes.
"One stage of your journey is over, another begins. War has come to Rohan. We must ride to Edoras with all speed." Gandalf said as a light beamed down onto Adaliahs face.

They were out of the thick forest and in an open field. Gandalf begins to whistle piercingly as an answering neigh is heard from the distance and suddenly a white horse comes galloping towards us from the skyline.
"That is one of the Mearas, unless my eyes are cheated by some spell." Legolas says quietly as he watches the horse get closer.
"Shadowfax!" Gandalf announced.
"He's the lord of all horses and he's been my friend throughout many dangers." He mounts the horse as do the others when Legolas stretches his arm out to Adaliah. She looked up to him as the corner of his mouth begins to turn into a smile.
"Ride with me?" He asks, arm still outstretched. Adaliah rolled her eyes and let out a small giggle as he pulls her up onto the horse.

Adaliah sit behind him as she wraped her arms around his waist to stop herself from falling off and with that they set off towards the city of Rohan. Adaliah rest her head upon Legolas's back as she hear his heart beat quicken slightly from within his chest. She smile to herself, she enjoyed making him nervous.

They ride for a few hours before coming to a pause to look upon the plains of the city.
"Edoras and the golden hall of Meduseld. There dwells Thèoden, King of Rohan, whose mind is overthrown. Saruman's hold over King Thèoden is now very strong. Be careful what you say. Do not look for welcome here." Gandalf explains as they continue to ride on towards Edoras. Adaliah and Legolas talk quietly amongst themselfs as they gallop along with the others.
"What do you plan to do when our journey is complete?" He asks.
"I hadn't yet thought about it... I think I will go back home or I will go see my father." She reply to him as yet again she could feel his heartbeat begin to quicken.
"What about you? What are your plans?" Adaliah asked.
" I'd like to travel. I hear of a Great Lake somewhere in the midst with nothing but snow drops guarding it." He responded.
"Sounds beautiful" Adliah reply softly to him.
"Not that here isn't beautiful." Legolas replies back to her with a smile evidently in his tone.

Within a matter of minutes, they reached Edoras. The place was silent and somber. Everyone is dressed in black, staring at them in a wary silence.

"You'll find more cheer in a graveyard." Gimli remarked as Adaliah bit back her smile. They dismounted theyr horses and climbed up the stairs to the hall where they were met by the guards at the top.