five (5)

This is your chapterly reminder toCHECK THE TWS IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE BOOK!!!!

It's my birthday tomorrow (in a few hours when I'm posting this) : D

Grian felt a twinge in his chest.

His heart ached.

His head hurt.

His facade flickered for a few seconds.

"No, I haven't. That's... that's awful to hear and find out I'm so sorry" he lied, scared.

Ex hung his head and X put his arm around his twin in a half hug, "It really is, thank you anyway."

Feeling guilty was an underestimation for how Grian felt, not only had he lied to his best friends, but he'd also messed up the server codes due to his stupid mental health problems.

"Have you found whoever it is yet?" Grian asked carefully to the duo.

"Not yet, we haven't asked everyone yet. We don't want to force someone to tell us though, it wouldn't be fair so we want them to come to us on their own." X replied on his brother's behalf, while Ex seemed to wipe a tear from under his helmet.

Eventually he looked to give up trying and just took off his helmet, placing it on the seat of the sofa beside him.

It wasn't unusual for Ex to remove his helmet in front of Grian, it was his way to show a strong bond of trust between him and Grian - which the latter felt guilty as though he had destroyed.

The three sat in silence for around ten minutes, the occasional sound of sniffs from Ex becoming slower and slower until he was eventually asleep.

X sighed before placing his brother's helmet back on Ex's head.

"Grian." He said, breaking the silence, "are you struggling with your communicator?"

"Slightly, I'll manage-"

"Here," The admin walked towards Grian, "hold out your arm."

If it wasn't for the sheer amount of trust that Grian had for X, then he would have never done it.

Grian passed the communicator to X with his other hand.

"Do you want it over or under the sleeve?" He asked, almost about to grab the hem on the sleeve.

"Over please, it burns my skin when its otherwise" Grian showed the admin the old burn scars on his other hand, "these are old though, from an old server i think-"

Xisuma seemed neither scared nor confused about the scars, he'd seen them before, in fact he seemed rather intrigued about Grian's history, for it was something he hardly talked about often.

"Oh, did they make you wear it under your jumper then?"

"No that was by choice" he answered flatly, "didnt realise this would happen though... Back then i didnt even have a jumper that i wore all-day every-day, in fact i only started wearing them full-time in Hermitcraft"

Normally, a conversation about the topic of history of jumper-wearing would be considered dull, tedious and boring; but this one was actually quite interesting. X's thoughts about the topic were paused by Grian talking again,

"Anyways, is Ex alright?" He asked sheepishly.

Xisuma fastened the straps of the communicator perfectly on Grian's arm before replying;
"He'll be fine, it was just a nasty shock for him when he saw it, after all it has been a while since he last saw the small bit of the code, the poor guy."

X frowned as he saw that the time on Grian's communicator has almost reached 10:45, "I'd best be going now, are you alright to have Ex here until i return? Tell him I'll fill him in when i get back, also for you I recommend you have a potion for your leg, it still seems a bit disheveled."