Happy ending

This is the last warning in this book that you will be asked to check the tws in the description; so go do it... for old times sake?

After a few seconds of pure tension, Mumbo eventually got to Grian, who looked more absent than he ever had. He looked as though he simply existed in this futile world. They stood merely a metre apart, staring into each other's eyes; Mumbo trying to reach his best friend, Grian trying to find a reason why he should stay.

But at this point, it felt pointless.

Or atleast it did. Mumbo slowly reached into his backpack, eyes still lingering upon the other. Carefully, he pulled his arm back out, revealing glints of metal which reflected in the sun.

It was a mini version of Grumbot.

If he hadn't already been crying, he would have been now. Tears dwelled up in the eyes of both of them, threatening to fall in sync with one another.

Grian froze, "Mumbo I-I" He looked behind him at the pool of lava, "I'm sorry," he spoke airily, his breaths evident in the cold breeze of the autumn.

Mumbo passed the mini Grumbot to his friend wordlessly. But the silence spoke more than a thousand words ever could.

Meanwhile, Ex was panicking out of his mind, though being held back by both False and Pearl, both of whom looked stricken with fear. As for Xisuma, he was typing faster than he ever had before. That course he did when he was like 10 really came in handy for this very moment. He was ten seconds away from finishing it.

Ten.
Nine.
Eight.
Fuck he made a typing mistake.
Eight?
Seven.
Six.
Five.
Four.
Three.
Two.
One- BINGO he did it.

He raised his slightly-blistered thumb up towards the general direction of Ex, Pearl and False, the latter two letting go of the first. Not even a second passed before he sprinted to Grian and Mumbo Jumbo

Grian had given Grumbot a hug before passing him back to Mumbo, who put it back respectively in his backpack. Grian wiped his eyes before pulling his friend in for a hug, he noticed that he was angled away from the edge, but decided to not show that fact. Instead, he enjoyed the rare comfort that he was getting.

He was let go from Mumbo for maybe a millisecond before another person crashed into him with a hug. Struggling to stay steady on his feet, he felt Ex slowly walk them both (well it was more of a run, but he didn't admit that) like 5 metres away from the edge, before slowly lowering them both towards the ground.

It was probably the tightest hug that any of them had ever experienced before.

"It'll be okay, deep breath, it'll be okay, we'll be okay" Ex whispered harshly, and Grian wasn't too sure whether he was trying to comfort himself, or Grian, aka the guy who just tried to, y'know, commit suicide.

Grian couldn't really think straight. It was like reality had just suddenly crashed on him, and the daziness of the moment was clearing. He'd really just done that. Wow. He had really just-

Everyone was there.
Everyone watched.

As Ex would say, fuckity fucking fuck

The world was caving in on him, and all of a sudden he could no longer breathe. It was like all the air in the atmosphere had vanished, just out of his reach. No matter how much he clawed at it in attempt to get there, he just couldn't. It was no use.

And so, yet again, he fell limp in Ex's arms, though not quite dead. He didn't feel as one of his best friends gently picked him up in his arms, well if he did then he couldn't say anything anyways he was unconscious.

-

Ex shakily held his pal, being extra cautious as he stepped each step over to brother, who immediately offered to take Grian, but there's no need to even answer that, he just shook his head. So, together they walked over to stress, who had set up a mini make-do first aid area.

She grabbed the different testing things one by one, each saying how Grian was okay, albeit a bit warmer than average, but that was very much expected due to the obvious fact that they were looming about over a burning pool of seeping lava. Speaking of that lava, a few hermits had set themselves to fill in the lava with water, to make obsidian. It was a lot faster than hand-by-hand  ridding of the lava.

"It'll be okay, he'll be okay" She comforted whoever needed comforting, "He's alright, he's asleep now, passed out with exhaustion and a prolonged panic attack, "I say we leave in a few days to get home, after we make sure he's alright"

-

His eyes were sore and felt like lead; but he pushed them open. It was like something had switched in his brain, he wanted to survive this, he could do it.

And he did it. He got through it, opening his eyes with what felt like so much force that they could have flown away [I am extremely tired writing this rn my apologies], well it wasn't like he would have died in that situation anyways.

Scar was the first to see that Grian was awake.. and as for Grian he was bombarded by an over-excited Jellie cat who Scar had smuggled in with the group on their search mission. He soon left to get X and Ex, both of whom needed to have a very important chat with the red-sweatered hermit.

-

It had been about a week, it was still extremely awkward between Grian and... well everyone. That was not exactly surprising though to be honest. It wasn't every day that your friends witness you trying to commit suicide, but hey, atleast he survived it. Though he did wonder what type of flowers his friends would have given his corpse, and also what music disc they'd have played at his funerals.

Questions for another time, it was not at all a good time. TOO SOON BUDDY, too soon.

In other news, he now had a schedule to see that fella who Ex was talking about however long ago that was. When was it? Maybe a week and a half, two weeks? It was funny how fast things could happen in such a small timeframe.

But things were looking up for everyone, and they'd started their quite long journey home, Grian chatting away to Ex, Mumbo and Scar, they seemed to be catching up with everything, which was a bit strange hearing words like 'oh yeah and on your left Scar is the tree which i slept in one night when i got shot by a skeleton, oh and there's its bones, and my blood,' and the occasional string of curse words from Ex, like 'fucking hell' and 'you've got to be shitting me'

But then they got home, and there was a new promise which lingered in the air. The promise of hope.

-

Check the final a/n lol

23.10.2022
1200 words exactly