twenty-three (23)

Tws are in the description, check them.

Grian knew he wasn't safe, buy hey, he needed a source of adrenaline to run, and he knew that he desperately needed water, or at least something to drink. He sighed, pulling out the bucket of water and taking a sip, instantly tasing how the cold liquid drizzled down his throat, like the waters draining from a sink.

The feeling was absolutely sickening, making him gag. It probably wasn't a pretty sight.. but it was fine, he didn't vomit too much, it was just ew.

Double ew, triple ew.

God, if he could do it easily, then he would have gone back home. But did he regret doing what he did? No, not really. Sure, there were moments, but overall he did what he had to. Even if that was eventually planning to vanish off of the face of the earth. It was all honestly just a big headache.

He didn't even know if the other hermits had noticed his sudden disappearance, or if they had even thought to look for him.

Goddam this was confusing. He could have just disabled the tracker on his communicator, but it was too late for that now, lets be real.

Dusk was beginning to fall upon the sky, as the tweets of birds quietened, and the familiar sound of spiders arose from the caves nearby, it was now time to sleep unless he wanted his head chopped off and the respawn back at his base amidst his friends' houses.

-

The Hermits (minus Gem and obviously Grian) came flying towards Zedaph one by one, varying from who was closest to who was the furthest away, and they all gathered in a group around the object in question.

The communicator was still buzzing animatedly against the trunk of the tree, covered ever so slightly by the autumnal leaves that had fallen from the branches, the oranges and yellows graciously laying over it like a fuzzy blanket. Aside from the connotations and the obnoxious shaking, it was beautiful.

"So," X asked, "I know i usually control these sorts of stuff, but what do we do now?" He turned to all the other hermits, wonder lingering in his heart, as well as a saddening feeling lacing his chest. It was kind of bittersweet really, they had basically no leads as to where their friend could be; yet here they were, having found the metal piece of technology.

Ex leant down, kneeling on the leaf-covered ground, he picked up the fragmented communicator in one hand, holding it carefully - as though it could break further at any given moment. "We camp here for the night, its getting late, we wont find him when we're tired"

The hermits nodded, all in agreement that they should take a break. They'd been searching for quite a lot of the day, eating on the go the entire time. They were all very tired and needed a proper sleep.

They placed down their beds from their inventory (if it meant anything then Mumbo's was red and Scar's was cyan) and set to making a campfire, they'd be sleeping under the stars tonight. Well they'd be building walls as protection from monsters, but that was only for incase Grian didn't sleep to speed up the night. If Grian was still there.

But he couldn't be dead, it would have come up in the chat. Even if he didn't have his communicator with him, a message would still be sent to the server chat. Because that was just how it worked.

-

A few hours had passed, and Hermits slowly drabbled into unconsciousness (sleep), the amounts of hermits who sat at the campfire in [mostly] silence lowered until there was only a small number, until it was just Ex, X and Mumbo.
The latter of which, looked like he was about to say something, but was struggling to find the perfect wording.